A few of mine comments welcome (pic heav

Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
new on here just adding few of my recent images feel free to comment / advise
thanks

I quite like the kestrel and owl shots, but not so keen on the crops. The first kestrel one with the cut off feet is particularly disappointing, yet there is plenty space around it. Maybe time to turn the camera vertically and try that?

Yea I did think that when editing was going for head shots mainly but quite like the look apriciated could of been cropped better :)

hard to comment when you havent numbered them... But one thing sticks out ...too much blank space above a lot of the pictures

To only comment on your bird images as thats the only area i have any real interest in,you have obviously put the effort into capturing the subjects but i feel your PP is a bit up and down,I know its a matter of opinion but i feel you should aim for a more consistent end product,yours vary from too dark to too light,to give you an idea of what ime talking about i have redone one close to my idea,i say close because i have taken it too far to show what detail you would gain.

Your edit

View attachment 40496

My edit

View attachment 40497

Very nice many thanks looks different again I'm normally quite light on edits as my screen is bit darker than my iPad but will keep my eye on them now so what was it you did?

Far too many to comment on individually to be honest Matt... It's a nice "introductory post" and all that, and gives us a bit of an idea of where you're coming from, but for any specific feedback on images, I'd strongly suggest posting them one at a time in the individual sections - you'll get far more helpful feedback that way.

Maybe "drip feed" them into the sections one or two images a day - and when you've had feedback from those, move onto another couple.

This one was easy,when redoing jpeg i open as a raw into Adobe camera raw,the first thing i do there is click auto(sometimes you get lucky),on doing this i got very close to what i wanted,moved it to photoshop and did a slight adjustment to shadows and high lights,selected the bird did a high pass sharpening set at 1.
It needed more care on the selection and i dont think i would have gone quiet so far but i wanted to show you what you where losing with it being too light.

yea i agree did go a little overboard just wanted to give people a idea of what i shoot etc
im just re editing a few others now so will add.....

i see what you mean with the lightness thanks

birds of pray

hopefully bit tidier

Back