A few pics

Name
Shaheed
Edit My Images
No
As always a nice set. :)

Nice set Shaheed. Are these all on your office back wall or have you been getting yourself a backdrop?

Always like your work Shaheed. Would you mind sharing what post work you've on these? (Going to try and have a go myself)

Always like your work Shaheed. Would you mind sharing what post work you've on these? (Going to try and have a go myself)

Set up as above pic.

I'm not too keen on the white backdrops. I do have a hilite but it's packed away at the mo because of building works.

Lovely set as always Shaheed - tack sharp and well lit

Les ;)

I'd never even looked at one of your posts until a week ago and I now I look forward to seeing what you've been up to. These are another great set and for a complete beginner as me it looks like you have a real talent for capturing portraits. My only comment on these would be that the skin tones look a little cool to me on some of the colour images and i'm not overly keen on the large rectangle in the catch lights. However that could again be the look your going for in PP and saying that if i'd created any those i'd be over the moon.

I'd never even looked at one of your posts until a week ago and I now I look forward to seeing what you've been up to. These are another great set and for a complete beginner as me it looks like you have a real talent for capturing portraits. My only comment on these would be that the skin tones look a little cool to me on some of the colour images and i'm not overly keen on the large rectangle in the catch lights. However that could again be the look your going for in PP and saying that if i'd created any those i'd be over the moon.

Hi

The catchlights are from the lighting. In the set up above you can just about see two rectangular softboxes.

I did make one if the pics a lot cooler than the others - I think it was the colour one of James, can't remember exactly, not had loads of sleep [emoji6]

Brilliant set and great to see the setup... you have done superbly in a tight space. :)

For the detectives amongst you, can you work out what the large reflector was and where it came from[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Sounds like when my neighbours were having some work done in their loft, and they skipped a large chunk of polystyrene foam insulation and half a sheet of plasterboard... My first reaction was "that's a nice "faux wall" for my still life stuff and a couple of large reflectors / light absorbers with a bit of white and black emulsion and a spot of plaster...

Lovely set of images as always Shaheed. I really like your style and the connection you get with the people you photograph. I think this is what makes your images stand out. No crit from me and I like the white backgrounds...

Father and daughter for me, but the whole set is pretty good tbh..

Lovely set of images as always Shaheed. I really like your style and the connection you get with the people you photograph. I think this is what makes your images stand out. No crit from me and I like the white backgrounds...

Thanks so much for the kind words!

I'm always talking when I take the pics and that seems to help with expressions!

Took me a while to understand the connection thing but when I did, I think my portraits started to improve.

Father and daughter for me, but the whole set is pretty good tbh..

cheers - thanks for looking and commenting!

I'm not sure which I like the best. Was up quite late after tinkering! I like the two girls together as they are friends and look cheeky/happy!!

S

It's the daughters cheekiness in that shot that sway's it for me I think.

Top drawer as always Sir. Think I like the coloured one of the little fella best, great little natural expression.

Just note that middle image of the blue stripey top, the stripes are a little more saturated than the other two.

Last edited:
Top drawer as always Sir. Think I like the coloured one of the little fella best, great little natural expression.

Just note that middle image of the blue stripey top, the stripes are a little more saturated than the other two.
Cheers!

I think you're right - I didn't edit them as a batch as I was only going to do one image then go to bed.....several hours and a few distractions later I eventually did!

The little lad was a natural - not too shy. In fact the only issue was trying to get "different" expressions/poses. His dad was camera right, just by the ikea reflector and he kept looking there (constrained by space!).

Hopefully once building work at home is finished, I'll have some more open space!

Back