Name
Rory
Edit My Images
Yes
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Last edited:
Detail on the last is immense! I do like #1 as well but would like to see more sky above the wing tip at the top. Good set.

Detail on the last is immense! I do like #1 as well but would like to see more sky above the wing tip at the top. Good set.
Thanks.

If I ever get around to printing shot one I may just add a bit more blue sky. The tip is just inside the frame ;-)

It was a families day at RAF Valley and the Reds set up a display for the event. I left the herd at the end of the runway as I knew that they were going to come in low from the sea. We were just under the flightpath.

Last edited:
Really nice shots Rory.
Couple of points.
#2 is a little too tightly cropped for my taste.
Also in #2. Out of curiosity of flight dynamics and not photographic techniques, and hoping Paul "Cheesey" Heasman can step in here to explain why is it that his ailerons are set for a left bank and yet he's banking right? The only explanation I can think of is he is about to, or in the process of correcting the bank. Paul?

Really nice shots Rory.
Couple of points.
#2 is a little too tightly cropped for my taste.
Also in #2. Out of curiosity of flight dynamics and not photographic techniques, and hoping Paul "Cheesey" Heasman can step in here to explain why is it that his ailerons are set for a left bank and yet he's banking right? The only explanation I can think of is he is about to, or in the process of correcting the bank. Paul?
Thanks for the comments. As for the ailerons he was in a turn from right to left as he headed down the valley.

Point taken about the crop
original.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments. As for the ailerons he was in a turn from right to left as he headed down the valley.

Point taken about the crop
original.jpg

Looks better. Some space for him to fly into. It just seems strange that he appears to be banking round to the right. If he were turning left I would have thought you would have an underside shot rather than a topside one. But you were there so... Whatever he was doing, its still a cracking shot and one I'd be more than happy to have achieved. (y)

Absolutely "Excellent" set of images Rory, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

These are outstanding. The last one you posted,the one you said you liked, has a 3-D look to it..it's a superb shot.

Back