A few recent maternity

Very nice because not clinical! Stupendous.

Great !

Number 3 for me, as a fav. I think because it is nearer the norm but I do get that the other two, your skill/ability is fab.

Gaz

Good skills with the lighting on these, particularly 2 & 3.
Great work all round, I'm sure the ladies involved will have been over the moon happy with their portraits.

The others are cool too but number 3 is awesome!

Is the reflection in #1 added in post? There's something that doesn't look quite right. Maybe it's just the hair? :thinking:

I think #2 would be improved by a lower viewpoint or longer focal length but I imagine space was a bit tight?

Funny thing photography, they are all superb, but I like #1 the most. Great to see a bit of refrain in content.

The others are cool too but number 3 is awesome!

Is the reflection in #1 added in post? There's something that doesn't look quite right. Maybe it's just the hair? :thinking:

I think #2 would be improved by a lower viewpoint or longer focal length but I imagine space was a bit tight?

Thanks Simon
Yes, reflection is added in post - I think I see what you mean about the hair, but it's unfortunately a product of the pose plus the post production concept more than anything else - good point though.
Agreed on #2 as well - space is very tight in my home studio, but the longer focal length is a good shout - will remember that on the next one, thanks.
Regards
Jim

I seem to be the other way round to everyone else, preferring the first for being so striking & unusual.

The second as already said, would benefit from either being further away or possibly closer, at risk of distorting things too much.

The third is beautifully lit & shot, but quite conventional.

Really like the effect in 2, the flowing reds are tremendous.

Number 3 is lovely, great colour and tone.

I assume your background textures are added in post?

Really like the effect in 2, the flowing reds are tremendous.

Number 3 is lovely, great colour and tone.

I assume your background textures are added in post?

Thank you very much - yes the texture is added in post. I find it better to do that as I can tweak it as necessary for each individual shot rather than having the exact same background for all.
The flowing reds is a shot I've only just started to do - so far with red (as here), white and purple. It takes ages to process as it's about 8 shots combined but worth the effort I think.
Regards
Jim

Back