A few recent newborns

Some lovely shots there. I'm not too keen on the 'skin' coloured background. The subjects are a little lost in front of this (last one in particular). Love the props, especially the scales. Baby's foot is a bit blue in the last shot. First one is my favourite.

Last edited:
Agree with you be skin coloured background. It's awful :D

Otherwise like the shots.

Love em! Hard to choose a fav, I really like number 3 maybe the jeans a bit of a distraction but hey ho way better than I could do.

Gaz

Not sure about the foot in the third behind the head.

I think these are really good. They could have been amazing but for the background.

The last one I think could be really special with some selective dodging/burning. Maybe get the background darker so the eye is drawn to the brighter part of the newborn in the scales?

As already said in the third image I would clone out the foot in the background. Love the last shot in particular and all way better than anything I have done to date. Well done.

Thanks for the comments. I agree with you about the foot, it is quite off putting. The 'horrible background colour' is the one that gets chosen quite a lot, only coming second to cream and I quite like it but I suppose that's personal taste. I'm no expert but seem to be getting a lot of newborns in lately.

Back