A few recent showjumping shots.

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, thought i would just post a couple of shots from recent events my wife has competed at. feel free to to critique them.

Cheers

p1897462159-5.jpg

p1879681968-5.jpg

p2102175957-5.jpg

p2000161610-5.jpg

p2108365529-5.jpg

p1998408038-5.jpg

Obviously this last one i wish i had gotten the back feet in the frame, but i wasn't quick enough to switch to portrait and couldn't zoom out or move any further back.

Last edited:
Last one.. would need rider facing as well.. shame.. as you say.. would ahve been a peach of a shot...

As for the rest... great stuff.. back legs off the ground for the jumps and most important for me.. good clear riders face shots..

That last one, the wife say's she is happy that its from the back as she was probably pulling an awful face in her bid to stay on! For me though i would totally agree with you, i will have a word in the horses ear to make sure he faces the right direction next time. :LOL:

May I suggest a tonally more vivid rendition through
a toned down DRL tweak to remove the grey cast?

showjumpingpp.jpg

What is a DRL tweak? editing not my strongest point.... and is it something i can do in lightroom? i think i would prefer something between my edit and yours. The sky and the greens of the grass look a little unnatural on your edit (on my screen) but the horse definitely pops a little more. I will revisit it later. Thanks

What is a DRL tweak?

DRL = Dynamic Range Levels = black and white points setting.

This suggestion is just what it is, a suggestion.
I wanted to demonstrate that more could be
achieved… even in LR if you shot RAW. :)

Many thanks. Yes i shot it RAW . I appreciate the suggestion, i will try and play around with it later and see if i can get something a little more satisfying out of it. Like i said though, editing isn't my strong point so i tend not to push things too hard in case i over do it, after i have made a few tweaks sometimes i can no longer tell what looks good anymore after staring at it for too long, if you know what i mean....

How about this one?

p1931309677-5.jpg

and the original from the first post for comparison.

p1897462159-5.jpg

And another slight re-edit of this one..... thanks for the pointer Kodiak.

p1914136674-5.jpg

Yes I was going to say the first two seem a bit "over" in places plus bumping up the purple on the jumps would add something.

But the timing of these captures is really good

And another slight re-edit of this one

…better indeed, though you could go a step further
with the highlights recovery as on the #6 too of the
original post that is, otherwise, darn good!

Back