A few shots while fishing

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Had a fishing trip in south Devon last week and as usual the D7000 and kit lens got slung in the bag. On arrival I wished I had taken the D810 and filters as the sea and sky looked stunning. In between fishing I took a few shots at various stages of the evening, a couple I am very happy with especially the handheld 1.3 second experiment. The fishing on the other hand was quite poor, I did manage one bass but was expecting so much more in the perfect conditions!

1) Fil Fishing

2) Fil Taking a soaking

3) Handheld experiment

4) Sea Peaks

5) Foam Beach

6) Setting Sun

Last edited:
I love one. Nice, bright and vibrant. Two is more dramatic but I prefer the bright and light feel of one. Nice abstract look to 3 and well done for keeping it in colour. The gentle colours work better. 4 is fine but prefer 1.

Sunset shot is fine

Like the 2nd image Neil, dramatic capture indeed!
Thanks Neil

I love one. Nice, bright and vibrant. Two is more dramatic but I prefer the bright and light feel of one. Nice abstract look to 3 and well done for keeping it in colour. The gentle colours work better. 4 is fine but prefer 1.
Sunset shot is fine

Thanks for commenting Steve much appreciated.

I prefer the rougher-sea shot (2 & 5) and the timing for number 2 is just spot-on. Real character and feeling in that one. Makes me (an EX fisherman, note) think "What idiot would be... ?" :)

Really lovely set Neil.
I really like the feel of the handheld longer exposure.

I prefer the rougher-sea shot (2 & 5) and the timing for number 2 is just spot-on. Real character and feeling in that one. Makes me (an EX fisherman, note) think "What idiot would be... ?" :)
Thanks Steve

First 4 are really good, all in their own ways.
Where in Devon did you head too?
Cheers Jake, Thurlestone which is near Bantham.

Really lovely set Neil.
I really like the feel of the handheld longer exposure.
Thanks Ruth, I was really pleased with that one and no2.

Great set of images Neil, but #2, #5, are without doubt my fav's.(y)

George.

These are great, fabulous light in them. I'm no fisherman but you made it cool with them 2 images :)

Gaz

These are great, fabulous light in them. I'm no fisherman but you made it cool with them 2 images :)
Gaz

No.2 is superb
A really good set. I think No 2 is superb - very atmospheric, you've really captured the moment and the lighting is wonderful
No 5 is a close second !
I'm really drawn to number 5 - the rough edges of sea, rocks and the cloud around the sun give my eye plenty to linger on. Love it.
No's 2 & 5 are winners for me Neil,

Les
No5 & 2 in that order, both cracking shots.

Thanks all :)

Back