A few small woodland birds

Thats a really good set for your second day going at this, well done.

The first blue tit is by far and away the star of the show - clean perch and background, perfect square on angle to the camera, and the flat light has allowed all details to be well captured. the bird is off centre in the frame with extra space to the front which is the ideal composition for 'standard' shots.

2,3 and 4 are all decent shots as well, but are let down a little by the central placement of the bird, and with you not having the sun right behind you for the siskin and the chaffinch, you've got higher contrast and deep shadows which are not there on the blue tits - just something to think about in the future.

Having the birds at eye level is a big bonus and if you can't get them square on to the camera, then a bit of a head turn towards us is next best, as per the Siskin shot

Hope that helps a little

Mike

Thats a really good set for your second day going at this, well done.

The first blue tit is by far and away the star of the show - clean perch and background, perfect square on angle to the camera, and the flat light has allowed all details to be well captured. the bird is off centre in the frame with extra space to the front which is the ideal composition for 'standard' shots.

2,3 and 4 are all decent shots as well, but are let down a little by the central placement of the bird, and with you not having the sun right behind you for the siskin and the chaffinch, you've got higher contrast and deep shadows which are not there on the blue tits - just something to think about in the future.

Having the birds at eye level is a big bonus and if you can't get them square on to the camera, then a bit of a head turn towards us is next best, as per the Siskin shot

Hope that helps a little

Mike

Thanks Mike. Great advice! I'm lucky I had advice on hand, but yeah happy thus far and looking forward to improving. Also with post processing I need to start getting an idea of what good composition is.

Thanks a lot for the kind words and words of wisdom!

Back