A few Stars From Whipsnade (not the usual suspects )

Gremlin

Houdini
Name
Ingrid
Edit My Images
No
Sun was shining, forecast was good so I thought that animals might play ball too

Stand to attention, well not quite

16734744502_f754ab58c5_b.jpg

One grumpy hippo

16115867993_964f34761a_b.jpg

One shining star

16735820695_1f171828e6_b.jpg

One missed gobshot !

16709933016_ba1cb92132_b.jpg

Got this one though (well you have to be lucky sometimes

16735820405_d15c44041a_b.jpg

and a message for @Tintin124 from the Pandas

16734743742_d7bf046341_b.jpg

Ha De bloody ha.... The joke runs into 2015 lol

What a wonderful set Ingrid the hippo is the bees knees though.

I had wanted to go zoo this week but little ones have come down with chicken pox so been stuck at home all week. :crying:

Grumpy Hippo really does look displeased at something big time. Guess you didn't make to Chester then?

Di

Nice set, especially the shining star (y)

Grumpy Hippo really does look displeased at something big time. Guess you didn't make to Chester then?

I've just read that their baby rhino died a couple of days ago :(

Ha De bloody ha.... The joke runs into 2015 lol

What a wonderful set Ingrid the hippo is the bees knees though.

I had wanted to go zoo this week but little ones have come down with chicken pox so been stuck at home all week. :crying:

Sorry Bryn, saw that picture and thought of you ;)
Both sets of hippo mums and babes were out, pygmy ones stayed in the water though
Thanks for the comment
Hope the kids are better soon, was a perfect day up there, quite warm too

Last edited:
Di
Probably me being there :D
Nope, never made it this time :(

Nice set, especially the shining star (y)
I've just read that their baby rhino died a couple of days ago :(

I was damned annoyed that it stuck it's head on mum's back in the reflection of the light, then he did that
quick ear flapping and caused ripples :)
Didn't realise they had a baby rhino at whipsnade, elephant and hippo are the only ones I've seen recently

What on earth did you say to that Hippo, he does not look happy! :D
Nice & different set Ingrid :)

Really nice set Ingrid :)
the Panda winking is great:D
yes the baby Rhino died at Chester a real shame:(

Both sets of hippo mums and babes were out, pygmy ones stayed in the water though
What on earth did you say to that Hippo, he does not look happy! :D
Nice & different set Ingrid :)

She would probably be a tad more upset knowing you said it was a he, I did try and assure her you weren't about but even that didn't cheer her up :p
Thanks Chris (y)

Really nice set Ingrid :)
the Panda winking is great:D
yes the baby Rhino died at Chester a real shame:(

Cheers Pete :)

That's a real shame about the rhino baby :(
Did you go on Wednesday ?
Was hoping to see more tiger cub pics :D

Cheers Pete :)

That's a real shame about the rhino baby :(
Did you go on Wednesday ?
Was hoping to see more tiger cub pics :D

Yep I did go on wednesday:D
I got a couple of pics will put them up in a couple of days (am working at the moment):)
Yes it was a shame about the baby rhino they have done really well in the past with rhino breeding hopefully she will have another one

Lovely set Ingrid.
I'd imagine mama hippo has a few grumpy days. She's been suffering from cancer for quite a while now but is apparently responding well to treatment.

Lovely set Ingrid.
I'd imagine mama hippo has a few grumpy days. She's been suffering from cancer for quite a while now but is apparently responding well to treatment.

That's the pygmy one Ruth, she looks very happy and contented with her calf :love:
The grumpy one is the other one, with the older calf, quite a character that is too
16753246561_8971aa8ef8_b.jpg

Thanks for looking :D

That's the pygmy one Ruth, she looks very happy and contented with her calf :love:
The grumpy one is the other one, with the older calf, quite a character that is too
16753246561_8971aa8ef8_b.jpg

Thanks for looking :D

Sorry…got confused (easily done!)
Mama Pigmy has cancer (Flora), but is doing far better than they expected her to.
My Director is married to Nic Masters (head vet and all round good egg) sister, and I see him occasionally. Now there’s a man who LOVES his work!

Sorry…got confused (easily done!)
Mama Pigmy has cancer (Flora), but is doing far better than they expected her to.
My Director is married to Nic Masters (head vet and all round good egg) sister, and I see him occasionally. Now there’s a man who LOVES his work!

Easily done when you don't have a comparison size.
All four were out on Friday in relatively clean water too for a change.
Lucky chap, I think I would too in his shoes :)

Back