a few with the compact

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
I picked up a canon G9X a while ago for the times when you don't want the DSLR with you. It's surprisingly capable :)

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

The windmill is my fave of the bunch, have a G9 just sat in the drawer. Happy to say you have inspired me to get it out again, to sell or to use as yet unsure :)

I bought one of the last G16s - because I liked the G series - despite its relatively small sensor it delivers surprisingly good images and often almost as good as my APSC main camera. It is so small that it just fits in a pocket and as such is always with me.

the windmill...ace
i like the thought of smaller cameras but for me they need a viewfinder..my Fz7 has an evf...not quite the spec of your canon
but handy
maybe the inclusion of RAW is a feature too far??

Last edited:
A nice set, good to see some photos taken with the G9X. Does not seem to be much talk about the G9X on this forum, shame as it is a lovely neat little camera.

Thanks for the comments guys.

A nice set, good to see some photos taken with the G9X. Does not seem to be much talk about the G9X on this forum, shame as it is a lovely neat little camera.
It's a cracker to be honest. Decent zoom range, nice image quality, only problkem being that the RAW files can't be read by my version of Photoshop. I'll look into it but not a huge issue.

Thanks for the comments guys.

It's a cracker to be honest. Decent zoom range, nice image quality, only problkem being that the RAW files can't be read by my version of Photoshop. I'll look into it but not a huge issue.
Been tempted to get one for a while now, just other things kept cropping up, and needing buying first. Really would love something small and neat, like the G9X. Will look at that possibility after Xmas.

Thanks for the info :).

Back