A few with the MPE65

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Centipede stack

CentipedeIMG_1514 by davholla2002, on Flickr

I think this is too dark, what do people think - a stack of an unusually co-operative specimen
LeafhopperIMG_1440 by davholla2002, on Flickr

A very small Beetle larva

BeetlelarvaIMG_1474 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Fly larva - also maybe too dark

FlylarvaIMG_1410 by davholla2002, on Flickr

These are more of record shots than ones I wanted to take, if you know what I meant. I kept them as I have never seen them before - any ideas of IDs?
BeetleIMG_1401 by davholla2002, on Flickr

BeetleIMG_1460v2 by davholla2002, on Flickr

The centipede is a nice shot I have yet to get a shot of one

Some terrible underexposure here with that leafhopper the histogram does not extend into the right half.

Not my shot 2019-18 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

LeafhopperIMG_1440 by davholla2002, on Flickr
You are right - it is underexposed the -worst thing is that originally I over exposed it - and then underexposed it too much in the camera. I will have to fix that.

Centipedes are tricky - I don't normally find ones which pose - this one the problem was not cutting of its antennae.

That's a nicely varied set David. I'm surprised you managed to do a stack of the centipede. Well done with that. How many images did you stack? Did you use a tripod and rail? Tripod and no rail? Hand-held?
It was 5 images, it was on top of a water butt and I just sported the lens on the water butt. First time I had ever seen one there.
I am not very mobile, I can't get down easily so am thinking about trying to put some wood on top of the water butt to attract more creatures there.

It was 5 images, it was on top of a water butt and I just sported the lens on the water butt.

Nicely done. It worked well I think.

First time I had ever seen one there.
I am not very mobile, I can't get down easily so am thinking about trying to put some wood on top of the water butt to attract more creatures there.

That sounds like a good idea.

Back