A first attempt

Name
Daryl
Edit My Images
Yes
Last night was a quick trip out to try and photography the Milky Way for a first time. The weather offered a glimmer of hope but sadly some low misty cloud curtailed getting a photo in astronomical darkness. It proved a good learning exercise and the evening threw up a few things to consider for future.
The Milky Way with Jupiter and Saturn alongside over Portwrinkle harbour

IMG15802.jpg

Pretty good for a first attempt, could you push the contrast a bit more?

At least you can see it. Try to pull it out a little more in PP.

We went out Saturday when we arrived in Dorset but it's been forecast cloudy ever since. My other half has woken the last two nights and said it's been clear! :mad:

Last night was a quick trip out to try and photography the Milky Way for a first time. The weather offered a glimmer of hope but sadly some low misty cloud curtailed getting a photo in astronomical darkness. It proved a good learning exercise and the evening threw up a few things to consider for future.
The Milky Way with Jupiter and Saturn alongside over Portwrinkle harbour

View attachment 289416
Amazing pic, is there any post in this forum with tips or settings for beginners to try my first astro-shot? Thanks!

Mate, I'd be chuffed as a toddler who found an unlocked cupboard if I'd taken that shot, particularly if its your first go. Very very nice. The advice here is good, so use it as a starting point to build upon.

That's pretty good Daryl isn't it (y)

Back