A fishy story

Name
Toni
Edit My Images
No
A set from Sechelt in BC. I hope these look OK, because the macbook I use as a travel laptop has a really sucky screen and it's hard to tell exactly how edits will look to anyone else.

bicycle fishing 1.jpg

bicycle fishing 2.jpg

bicycle fishing 3.jpg

bicycle fishing 4.jpg

C&C welcome.

They basically look fine, though you might ramp up the white end of the histogram when you can see them properly. The first and last float my boat.

Thanks John, I'll revisit when I get home.

The second is my favourite, but I’m not so keen on the PP, nothing wrong with it, just not to my taste.

That's my favourite from the set too, followed by the last image, although the first image - what I actually saw initially - was what made me want to explore the scene. I wish I had one of him either with a fish or cycling off to close the story, but neither happened while we were around.

The PP is to reduce the busyness of the image and to give a slight sense of unreality.

Last edited:
They work well for me as a set.
I moved No1 up on my monitor screen to create a square format from the bottom, it was busy but removed much of the sea and sky, yet still focusing my eye on the bike. - Not better, just different.
Of the set, I'd pick No2 to hang, unless you get a frame to display all 4, as each is very worthy.
pp suits the theme well for me too.

Last edited:
Thanks Paul. I think you're right about the square format, & when I get back that will probably get a reprocess & crop.

Nice set.
The white balance is off, overly yellow....which would work if you wanted to make them look like faded 1970's era b+w photos.
My travel laptop is not much better...and it can't cope with Lightroom. This is why I never post to my flickr from vacation, I recoil in horror when I get home.
But thanks for the memories...I once lived near Courtnay on Vancouver Island in the early 70's. So that's what my Dad's photos look like now,

Really nice set.
2nd one is a cracker I'd hang it on my wall.
The frames look to be getting thinner on each shot, for me the frame on the last shot is best, too wide on first few.
Horizon on the first is leaning to the right, and although the leading lines lead you right to where they should, there's too much space and clarity above the bench and bike for my eye,
This is my first proper cc so my apologies if I've said something I shouldn't have .
As a set I think they're great
Nice shooting.
Derek

Nice set.
The white balance is off, overly yellow....which would work if you wanted to make them look like faded 1970's era b+w photos.
My travel laptop is not much better...and it can't cope with Lightroom. This is why I never post to my flickr from vacation, I recoil in horror when I get home.
But thanks for the memories...I once lived near Courtnay on Vancouver Island in the early 70's. So that's what my Dad's photos look like now,

The yellow is from one of my standard split-tones, applying a yellow tint to the 'paper' and blue to the 'silver'.

Really nice set.
2nd one is a cracker I'd hang it on my wall.
The frames look to be getting thinner on each shot, for me the frame on the last shot is best, too wide on first few.
Horizon on the first is leaning to the right, and although the leading lines lead you right to where they should, there's too much space and clarity above the bench and bike for my eye,
This is my first proper cc so my apologies if I've said something I shouldn't have .
As a set I think they're great
Nice shooting.
Derek

Thanks Derek. I need to go back & re-work all the images better, including sorting out that horizon and the border thickness. Your crit is quite appropriate and very welcome.

Back