A fleeting trip to Glencoe.

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
I did a recent trip to Eigg and Rum, but got the chance to rattle off a few frames in Glencoe while I was driving to and fro.
edit - and damn, I've just noticed a dust spot in the last one. I'll deal with that!
1) Lochan Torran
Lochan Torran by Matty, on Flickr

2) Lochan Na Fola
zzzzzzzzzzzz by Matty, on Flickr

3) Bidean Nam Bian (I think, correct me if I'm wrong - It could be Stob Coire Nan Lochan)
sooooooooo by Matty, on Flickr

4) Creag Nan Grobhar
sooooooooo by Matty, on Flickr

Thanks for looking. C&C welcome

Not your best set I am afraid.

1. Torren Lochan, cool image but works best in the evening light. The strong shadows and light are just a bit much to really work.
2. Cool view but the hill needs some light hitting it, unless its snow covered its not going to pick up the colours of the sky.
3/4 - won't offer much as its not the type of landscape my thoughts would offer value too.

Haha I've just put glencoe pics on as well! Love the first three, probably the second one my favourite

Cheers Stuart, got lucky with a bit of decent light. Thanks very much buddy

Darn good takes, Matty… love the first two!

Forgiven

Cheers Kodiak, I'll swap out the dust spot version later.

Lovely photos. Makes me homesick

Thanks Ravi, its a beautiful valley with a load of possibilities.

Not your best set I am afraid.

1. Torren Lochan, cool image but works best in the evening light. The strong shadows and light are just a bit much to really work.
2. Cool view but the hill needs some light hitting it, unless its snow covered its not going to pick up the colours of the sky.
3/4 - won't offer much as its not the type of landscape my thoughts would offer value too.

Cheers Steve. Appreciate your comments.
We hit Torren on the way back from Rum as well, but the wind was kicking at the water, so no option to shoot this scene. The last shot is from the return trip. Some great light, but not the reflections I needed. It's one I'll go back to though! That said, I quite like this shot, and think that the light works well for my taste.
I really like the Lochan Na Fola composition, yeah some snow would be great, but my coolbox was a little empty.
I'll try harder next time pal

Reactions: ST4
It's just timing mate. That's all it is. I live relatively nearby so can go up on a whim. It's not so hard if you're just passing thru unless you get lucky.

For sure, and even if it all looks set, in the 5 hours it takes me to drive to Glencoe, it can quite easily change the weather! It's a good job I have the lakes within an hours reach, or I'd go spare!

For sure, and even if it all looks set, in the 5 hours it takes me to drive to Glencoe, it can quite easily change the weather! It's a good job I have the lakes within an hours reach, or I'd go spare!

I never do the lakes. It's too far to go on a forecast that can be wrong. Same with Skye, I mean to go more often but my reality is maybe once or twice a year.

I've been up glencoe twice this week :)

I love Glen Coe. Some good images here. If number 3 had a white house at the bottom of the frame then it's Bidean Nam Bian :).

I was like, I've seen one of these before o_O then realized I follow you on Instagram :plus1:

Nice set, the last 2 are my favourite images as they are a bit different to the norm, as well as being lovely images. I'd maybe bring the shadows out on the trees on the last one, just a fraction to show a bit more detail in there but don't over do it as to lose the contrasts within the image.

I have to get back up there soon.

I love Glen Coe. Some good images here. If number 3 had a white house at the bottom of the frame then it's Bidean Nam Bian :).

Thanks Kris, it did indeed have a white house at the base, so I guessed right! Thanks for clarifying!

I was like, I've seen one of these before o_O then realized I follow you on Instagram :plus1:

Haha, that'd be right Mark, I'll keep an eye out for you on there! Cheers

Nice set, the last 2 are my favourite images as they are a bit different to the norm, as well as being lovely images. I'd maybe bring the shadows out on the trees on the last one, just a fraction to show a bit more detail in there but don't over do it as to lose the contrasts within the image.

I have to get back up there soon.

Thanks very much Dale, the shadows all look a little heavy on my work screen too, so I may need to have a second look back through the set. I was trying to accentuate the contrast, as you pointed out!
Glad you think they're a bit different to the norm, there's an awful lot to shoot in Glencoe, but the majority of shots all seem to centre around a standard few compositions, I like to seek out some details that aren't as well shot!

Nice little set here Matt. Probably the third is the best of the bunch. Interestingly I know what Steve means that the first is not superb photographers light but it is still kind of interesting, hard to capture and pull off but it appeals in it's own way.

Nice little set here Matt. Probably the third is the best of the bunch. Interestingly I know what Steve means that the first is not superb photographers light but it is still kind of interesting, hard to capture and pull off but it appeals in it's own way.

Cheers Craig.shooting into the sunlight is always gonna lose a little contrast, but I kinda like the feel of this sometimes. Thanks for your comments buddy!

i really like the first three, last one not so sure about. on one and three the "letterbox of light" makes that area/s stand out against the darker parts of the frame. well worked with the conditions you had,

Back