A Forgotten Skyline of New York...

Name
Nick / Sectionate
Edit My Images
No
Now I have to confess, I (along with my brother), have taken possession of all our old family photos, so this scan could not actually be mine. But I am working on the assumption that as the negatives were mixed in with a load of photos from an old bike show that I went too, so they have something to do with me....or not, who knows! But I thought I would share it as it is vaguely significant

This was taken in 2000, one year before someone egits got hold of a handful of planes. RIP. We did have the plan to go up them, when we returned to NY in 2001...

A Skyline to Remember by Sectionate, on Flickr

When ever I see a NYC skyline with or without the WTC in I get a instant flash back to that terrible day and where I was, I first heard about it on the way home from school on the bus, it was the only time I did that 10 mile trip home with no a single voice to be heard other than the radio on a 50 seat coach that was full :(

You've done a really nice job on this, I appreciate it's a scanned image but still a great job (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

When ever I see a NYC skyline with or without the WTC in I get a instant flash back to that terrible day and where I was, I first heard about it on the way home from school on the bus, it was the only time I did that 10 mile trip home with no a single voice to be heard other than the radio on a 50 seat coach that was full :(

You've done a really nice job on this, I appreciate it's a scanned image but still a great job (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Cheers, I like it!

Although the obvious part of this image is the WTC towers, I am always blown away by the density of NY.

A helicopter tour of NY is high up on the bucket list, camera in hand of course.

I know exactly what you mean. It makes London look sparse! I would love to do a helicopter tour of somewhere...

Back