A Grizzled Skipper

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
So happy that the insect season has begun and as the warm airflow has set off a vast assortment of butterflies there are lots coming out early.
this is the 1st one I have managed to get a shot of, luckily on Saturday the garden was shaded and the local temp was several degs down so I was able to move this from its spot without removing it from its perch and into a shaded part of the garden away from the little draughts that were flowing about.
This is one from the South east of France.

DSC by Graham . on 500px.com

Nice shot Graham
I suspect I will need to wait a while

Love the picture.
The only way I'll get a butterfly shot in the south of England right now is if the things either learn to swim or evolve gills.

Love the picture.
The only way I'll get a butterfly shot in the south of England right now is if the things either learn to swim or evolve gills.
Thanks, yeah can't see that happening [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Love the picture.
I saw a butterfly on Sunday in South East London, I was driving so it was not really practical to get a photo.

I've not seen one in the south since last year.

Very nice mate... (y)
Blimey m8, where you spring from.
Thanks Bryne.
Now run along like you do.........................:exit:
I saw a butterfly on Sunday in South East London, I was driving so it was not really practical to get a photo.
Thanks Dave, yeah not the best time to take a shot whilst you`re driving....
I've not seen one in the south since last year.
But they are there, go look in some fields and you will find.

Lovely shot Graham - and to be fair have seen the butterflies flying now for a few weeks here! Not photo'd any though.
Thanks Chris, I do follow some UK groups on FB and I am really surprised at the variety that the UK has been getting and so early too.

Blimey m8, where you spring from.
Thanks Bryne.
Now run along like you do.........................:exit:

Thanks Dave, yeah not the best time to take a shot whilst you`re driving....

But they are there, go look in some fields and you will find.

Trying to get back into it mate.... :D

Back