A Heron

new2me

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
I went to try and get a decent flying heron shot this evening at the local lake. I noticed this one as I was leaving and slowly approached, taking a few snaps as I got closer. Of course, it waited until I was distracted before taking flight.

Takes a bit of stealth, always found herons a bit twitchy
They were my first primary target when I first got a camera a few years ago and always presented a challenge :D

Not only have we had 3 Herons at the local, but there are now 2 Great Crested Grebe. Although it's only a small 'lake' the GCG still don't come close enough for my lens, but while waiting I've managed to get some of the Herons in flight.

The original shot is very good and some nice light on him. The last flight shot is the best of those

stan

They do try to kill, (eat) all the "chicks" and similar plus fish that they can find along "their" stretch of the river ……. I was talking to a farmer in Wales at the weekend who would like to shoot the one on his land …….. but he told me that it was not allowed
They are quite "monster" birds when they gobble up half a dozen Mallard chicks in the space of less than a minute

The original shot is very good and some nice light on him. The last flight shot is the best of those
stan
Cheers Stan (y)

They do try to kill, (eat) all the "chicks" and similar plus fish that they can find along "their" stretch of the river ……. I was talking to a farmer in Wales at the weekend who would like to shoot the one on his land …….. but he told me that it was not allowed
They are quite "monster" birds when they gobble up half a dozen Mallard chicks in the space of less than a minute
The only thing I've seen them snap up here is a small branch, although someone local posted a photo of one on his neighbour's rooftop devouring a huge fish from their garden pond.

Back