A hint of the Aurora at Sycamore Gap

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
One from a couple of months ago, it was my first trip to Sycamore Gap, so I was blissfully unaware of the requirement to blaze through a knee deep bog to get to the spot.
Not ideal when on crutches.
I need to do a little more work on the NR of this shot, but I thought I'd throw it up, as I'd not posted it here before.

23512673805_8bd7528495_b.jpg

I would have said a touch more than a hint! :D

Very nice Matty (y).....:thinking:....if anything, possibly a tad over processed?

I think we were just talking about this location last weekend, somewhere up Northumberland?

It's took you long enough to post this!!

Love the colours, symmetry and also how well the stars pop!

I expect you've only just pulled yourself out of the bog and towelled yourself down which is why it took so long to post the photo. Best aurora photo I've seen in quite some time!

Sycamore gap is only about 250 yds off the road but its a tough 250 yds if the ground has had heavy or prolonged rain.

I think you've captured an absolutely fantastic image, I really like it very much.

Superb! when you said a hint of aurora I was expecting a faint reddish or green glow, how wrong was I! There's nothing not to like about this image, I like the symmetry, and the solitary tree silhouetted against the aurora, even the way Ursa major is positioned. Also it's just different to the many other photos of aurora I have seen.

I think you've captured an absolutely fantastic image, I really like it very much.
What a corker probably the best 250yards ever walked (y)
Superb! when you said a hint of aurora I was expecting a faint reddish or green glow, how wrong was I! There's nothing not to like about this image, I like the symmetry, and the solitary tree silhouetted against the aurora, even the way Ursa major is positioned. Also it's just different to the many other photos of aurora I have seen.

Thanks chaps. Its a bit of a thread resurrection this, seems an age ago now. From really thinking this was an awesome experience (which it was) I am now working as an aurora guide in Finnish Lapland. How things have changed! Appreciate your comments

One from the past couple of weeks

Finland by Matty, on Flickr

I love the first one, northern light with no moon and an amazing silhouette, i love this! A great spot for a bigger display!

absolutely stunning, looking to get out and try night photography myself.

First time I've dipped into this part of the forum.
What a welcome!
Beautiful image.

Love this picture and would love a trip to see this location myself I really would like to see the lights.Top photos

Nice work again Matty(y)

One from a couple of months ago, it was my first trip to Sycamore Gap, so I was blissfully unaware of the requirement to blaze through a knee deep bog to get to the spot.
Not ideal when on crutches.
I need to do a little more work on the NR of this shot, but I thought I'd throw it up, as I'd not posted it here before.

23512673805_8bd7528495_b.jpg

Stunning love it (y)

An image of that tree is featured on the National Trust homepage for Hadrians Wall @ Housesteads, but there's isn't half as good as yours, cracking image you have captured.

Back