A jumping spider collection

Was this wild? I have no luck in finding them on flowers, great find.

#4 is the best

Did you use any diffusion as looks like bare flash?

It was at the yard where my GF keeps her horses, there's some flowers by the lorry and I spotted him in the corner of my eye looking at me! There's bricks right next to them so that might explain it. I've only ever found them in my flat!

I did have a diffuser yes, it's a small cheapo one for emergencies. Might need to experiment with adding a bit more tissue in it or something then.
My normal one was at home - it's made out of a plastic milk bottle :cool:

Here is my jumping spider image

Opps I missed him

Lovely, jumping spider are beautiful. The last one especially is really nicely done.

I must keep more of an eye out for them, any tips on finding them?
Thank you. I wish I could give some good advice but, for me, it's been entirely down to dumb luck.
Their movements are quite skittish and distinct though, double check any small dark 'spots' on walls/bricks!

That last one is a cracker imo, lovely spiders and not something you should be afraid of, well, not the UK ones anyway :D
I`ve been debating wheather to get one but its such a pain to go out and buy just one meal worm once a week but I`d deff go for a Regius sp anyday.
For me, lighting dont look too bad, nice clear shots and detail looks good. Keep it up and keep posting shots.

Nice set
I have seen this species once I think on my garden furniture then went into some flowers in a pot it really was moving about.

Seen a zebra spider on green leaves at the bottom of my fence a couple times and also on a fig tree which again is right net to my fence where I often see them. Also cant remember the names, but the little black jumper with green flecks I found in a plant pot at my mums house, thats the only one I've ever seen on a flower!

Just been trying to ID it and i think it's a pseudeuophrys lanigera, male possibly. The species name is derived from
Latin "death monster". So don't get to close to it :)

Back