A kingfisher with a snack

This is a very good image , love the detail and colours , even the cobweb add to the photo

Love it

This is a very good image , love the detail and colours , even the cobweb add to the photo

Love it

:plus1::agree:

That is lovely frame filler.................just how close were you and in a hide???

Thank you.
Yes I was in a hide and about 15 - 20 mtrs away I would think. It was a 400 mm on a crop sensor so 560mm and not a huge crop.

I like that and I'm very intriqued too as I have been considering an M50 or M5 as a back up camera and also for hide use. There is very decent detail in that image and what would be a fair crop too, even on a crop sensor and at "15-20 meters" away.

Was it the 100-400 that you used together with the Canon M adaptor? It's impressive.

thanks.

Hi Dale
Yes is was the 100 - 400 with the adaptor. The 100 - 400 lens is superb on any body. I bought the M50 as a back up to my 1DX mk2 and as a smaller walk about camera. I must admit I have not used it that much but I am very impressed with the quality of the images I have taken with it. For its price, which is probably dropping now the EOS R is out I think it is a cracking camera.

Hi Dale
Yes is was the 100 - 400 with the adaptor. The 100 - 400 lens is superb on any body. I bought the M50 as a back up to my 1DX mk2 and as a smaller walk about camera. I must admit I have not used it that much but I am very impressed with the quality of the images I have taken with it. For its price, which is probably dropping now the EOS R is out I think it is a cracking camera.

Thank you. I'm looking as one or the other as back up to my 5Div, so it should fit that bill of backing up the 5D quite easily if you're backing up a 1DX 2. Obviously, it won;t quite have full frame image quality but very respectable nonetheless. (y)

Last edited:
Thank you footman and jbw. As far as looking better on Flickr it may be because I haven't loaded it on here at the largest size. It has been said before on my and others posts that the image on Flickr is better.

Back