A last minute dash - tonight beside the Afon Ogwen

Edit My Images
No
The weather has been filthy here in Snowdonia today but, looking at the forecasts I suspected that something special might happen at the last minute.

I had planned to climb high but the wind and rain made it difficult for me to summon up the motivation so instead I set about upgrading my software to Lightroom 6, a process that took forever!

At ten to eight, I sensed a change and grabbed my kit, making the ten minute drive into Ogwen where the light was extraordinary. I had seconds to spare and parked my backside by the Afon Ogwen.

There is some regret that I hadn’t made the effort and got wet but there will be other days. In the end, it was just nice to sit beside the river and watch the light climax then fade.

As always, thanks for looking :)

Last light beside the Afon Ogwen by Nick Livesey Mountain Images, on Flickr

Very special Snowdonia light, lovely Nick.

Love the light on the top of the mountains, top man for getting there ! My first weekend off this year, I had plans to spend the day around snowdonia yesterday & then saw the weather report :(

Nice light catching the top of the mountain, sometimes it's good to rush out and still get a goodun!

It's a superb shot, lighting, fabulous, composition, perfect! Milky water not to my taste....:(

Back