A little aurora over Hadrian's wall

I went all the way to Finland to get some Aurora shots, for 2K all I got was cloud, thick cloud as well all week.
Maybe I should have gone to blighty for some Aurora shots.
I like this, nice silhouetted horizon with that Tree on its own (I think) and some lovely but light Aurora showing.
Well worth staying in the car for :)

I think that getting "that" tree in the shot is a mega bonus.
Love it.

Sorry for late reply, I forgot to subscribe to the thread so didn't get alerts.

Thanks for the comments.

Funnily enough @Graham , I was in Finnish Lapland just before Christmas and we had a week of cloud. I did get one photo with aurora visible but pretty subtle and there wasn't a hint of it to the naked eye. Then a week or so later, I get it a few miles from home. First time ever for me in the UK and I'd made no effort whatsoever. Go figure! That said I was oblivious to it on that occasion too until I uploaded the images. Still need to see it for myself properly somewhere to tick that box!

Thanks @viv1969 . This was a view I'd not tried before. Think it could only ever work as a silhouette as there is too much going on in the fields in front of the tree to make anything else work IMO. Just handy that it's from the side of the road rather than the usual dark marches across bog I seem to get myself into. Being new year's day morning, not a single other car passed me in the 1.5 hours I was parked there.

Back