A little bit chilly at the beach.....

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
I took this a few week ago but i'm quite pleased with it considering my daughter was full of cold at the time.

Shadows are a bit harsh i know - I used a bare ocf to camera left for this.

As always, any C&C welcome

DSC_4532

Yep me likes this too, the shadows are not a problem for me. You captured some great tones and colours here :)

Gaz

Yep me likes this too, the shadows are not a problem for me. You captured some great tones and colours here :)

Gaz

Thanks, i was quite pleased with the tones and colour also. I would loved to have softened the shadows with a modifier, but its was hectic enough with my kids running riot, the sun sun dipping fast and with it also being cold and windy setting up a brolly or softboxe would have been a disaster. lol

Charming! Have you manipulated the tones in post at all? Whether you have or not, they're great.

Critique seems a bit unnecessary but since you've asked.. I think - if I'd noticed - that I'd have asked her to put her phone away and brush the dirt off her knee, but they are details which show her character, I s'pose.

I can't decide whether having the sun in the frame adds atmosphere or distracts. It'd be interesting to see a shot with your daughter standing in front of it.

I can see why you might have wanted to soften the shadows around her face but I really don't think they matter. If you had an assistant than a reflector might have been more manageable than a softbox.

Charming! Have you manipulated the tones in post at all? Whether you have or not, they're great.

Critique seems a bit unnecessary but since you've asked.. I think - if I'd noticed - that I'd have asked her to put her phone away and brush the dirt off her knee, but they are details which show her character, I s'pose.

I can't decide whether having the sun in the frame adds atmosphere or distracts. It'd be interesting to see a shot with your daughter standing in front of it.

I can see why you might have wanted to soften the shadows around her face but I really don't think they matter. If you had an assistant than a reflector might have been more manageable than a softbox.

Thank you. Yes i did manipulate the tones in post. Shooting in raw generally leaves most things pretty flat and uninspiring. I wanted the sky to look pretty much how it was at that evening.

Have to agree with everyone else here this is a cracking portrait. I have no problems with the shadows I think it helps to give some definition and the pink dm's just add to the quality :)

Has @BRASH seen this, I think he would be jealous of the boots, Ive heard pink suits him :LOL:

Back