A little destruction - 3 styles, one subject.

Name
Toni
Edit My Images
No
RAF Upper Heyford is undergoing 'regeneration' with an enormous building program for new houses, and all the old infrastructure that isn't legally protected is being destroyed. One area had vast fuel tanks underneath, and I managed to catch them after they'd been dug up and were being dismantled. The area is fenced around, and I could only get these images by setting hyperfocal distance and holding the camera above my head over the fence while the digger was working in the background. The tanks themselves looked somewhat like I'd imagine a beached whale to look, but rusty metal instead of flesh.

It's natural to want to produce a series of images using the same processing, but for these, that didn't seem to work, so instead I've deliberately given each a separate treatment through lightroom, then on-one perfect effects. C&C welcome.

Heyford%20Park%20destruction-0494_zpsyp49yrkm.jpg~original

Heyford%20Park%20destruction-0495_zpstfvjbjn8.jpg~original

Heyford%20Park%20destruction-0500_zps5edkwkep.jpg~original

Engaging work, & I understand the whale analogy. Competent exposure. Any more examples?

Last edited:
Thanks Rog. There's a few, but I wasn't really happy with them and they're all a bit too similar. Will have a dig later.

It's a little weird doing exposure with an optical VF after 2 years of EVF on the Sony, where you can see just what you're getting.

Last edited:
Back