A little look back on last year...

Name
Harry
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all & happy new year :)

Gives a chance for me to look back on last years efforts:

1) One of the first shoots last year, and I'm dead chuffed with this shot. Lucky with the moon!
Hangar 11 Nightshoot by Harry Measures, on Flickr

2) Should have been a college, don't tell anyone...
P-40F by Harry Measures, on Flickr

3) Love the cloudscape, what a day for it's first UK flight!
P36C by Harry Measures, on Flickr

4) Managed to nail PK to a date to shoot Ballerina, had an awesome shoot. Like this image from the set, even though it's backlit!
"Ballerina" by Harry Measures, on Flickr

5) Got crap light for the first shoot of this harvard, however I'm still really happy with this image!
Wacky Wabbit by Harry Measures, on Flickr

6) Got an opportunity to shoot the Classic Wing's Wing to Wing from a chase plane, and got this shot of just the Spit rather cheekily!
M434 by Harry Measures, on Flickr

7) Really enjoyed working with Mark Miller this season, and the climb to the clouds in his Auster took a while... Worth it I think, although it's a difficult aircraft to shoot with the way it casts shadows on itself!
G-AGTO by Harry Measures, on Flickr

8) Last but not least, some opportunities you can't pass up!
ZZ190 "BREAK" by Harry Measures, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, and here's to 2016!

Excellent collection - good variety of compositions given your unique vantage point :)
- will have to keep an eye out in 2016 for more of your outstanding efforts. Thanks for sharing. (y)

Stupendous set Harry! …very dynamic.

• I would have liked a flash on the pilot in #1
• I think you could do better at using the whole data in you RAWs
as the rendition is not equal throughout the set. In my eye, #7 is
representing the best rendition in the set.

Here is suggestion:

M434pp.jpg

Last edited:
Great set Harry, but when was the Hunter one taken as I thought they are all grounded after Shoreham?

Excellent collection - good variety of compositions given your unique vantage point :)
- will have to keep an eye out in 2016 for more of your outstanding efforts. Thanks for sharing. (y)

Thank you :) I hope to build on what I've done this year so fingers crossed :)

Stupendous set Harry! …very dynamic.

• I would have liked a flash on the pilot in #1
• I think you could do better at using the whole data in you RAWs
as the rendition is not equal throughout the set. In my eye, #7 is
representing the best rendition in the set

Thanks - I can see you've pulled more detail from the file however I'm not too keen on you rendition - to my eye (and monitor) it looks too oversaturated.

They are all superb!

Cheers Paul. Love your air to air images, fast jets look too much fun to do!

Great set Harry, but when was the Hunter one taken as I thought they are all grounded after Shoreham?

Cheers - This one is operated by HHA out of Scampton on the military reg so is unaffected by the CAA restriction :)

Superb set Harry

Thank you.

Really great photos

to my eye (and monitor) it looks too oversaturated.

Harry, it has the same level of saturation on my screen then your
best renditions IMO: #7, and #2 & #3.

…but this is not important.
The important is that you know that can do better with the RAW.

Brilliant set. Thinking of doing the hanger 11 shoot. Is it worth it?

Harry, it has the same level of saturation on my screen then your
best renditions IMO: #7, and #2 & #3.

…but this is not important.
The important is that you know that can do better with the RAW.

Hmmm, what I was trying to say is the colour on the Spitfire does not look correct. Thanks though :)

Brilliant set. Thinking of doing the hanger 11 shoot. Is it worth it?

Cheers. Yes I think so, I did a review of this one which can be read here. I've spoken to Neil and he's taken the point about the car park on board, so should be even better this time! Only bit of advise I'd give is to move around and try and do 'your own thing' occasionally, as although the set pieces are nice, everyone gets them. The shot in this thread is where I'd worked with a re-enactor on my own, away from the crowd who were working on the hurricane.

If you want any more advice, PM me :)

Harry.

what I was trying to say is the colour on the Spitfire does not look correct

What I did was just to set the DRL… nothing else!
…but you can for sure do as you please! ;-)

Hmmm, what I was trying to say is the colour on the Spitfire does not look correct. Thanks though :)

Cheers. Yes I think so, I did a review of this one which can be read here. I've spoken to Neil and he's taken the point about the car park on board, so should be even better this time! Only bit of advise I'd give is to move around and try and do 'your own thing' occasionally, as although the set pieces are nice, everyone gets them. The shot in this thread is where I'd worked with a re-enactor on my own, away from the crowd who were working on the hurricane.

If you want any more advice, PM me :)

Harry.
Thanks Harry, will look into going

Back