B&W A little more North Devon

Name
Toni
Edit My Images
No
These were shot the day after the pics taken in my Saunton Sands thread, at Lynton and Lynmouth, a few miles further east. The weather wasn't wonderful - heavy overcast in the morning, gradually giving way to hazy sunshine in the afternoon - so the fact that I'd been planning mono anyway didn't do any harm.

North Devon-7562 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

North Devon-7554-2 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

North Devon-7616 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

North Devon-7655 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

North Devon-7666 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

North Devon-7667-2 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

Lynmouth suffered a disaster in August 1952, when a flood coming down the river that runs through the town swept away houses, killing 34. I have been told that at low tide it used to be possible to see some of the boulders in the sea where the river runs out, but I'd guess that they have been moved more recently, since there was no sign of them that day.

C&C invited.

Particularly like the first & third shots. Have you ever tried Topaz Clarity or luminosity masking? They'd help

Love the leading line of the fourth as well as the content of the image. Nice conversion too [emoji1417]

Cool and constant work, Tony!

Particularly like the first & third shots. Have you ever tried Topaz Clarity or luminosity masking? They'd help

Luminosity masking isn't something that I've played with yet, though I should - Perfect effects has the facility, so perhaps I should learn & try. Thanks for the suggestion Darren.

Love the leading line of the fourth as well as the content of the image. Nice conversion too [emoji1417]

Cool and constant work, Tony!

Thanks you gentlemen

Nice series. We've holidayed in this area a few times and I hope to go back. I was always drawn west to heartland quay but this has inspired me to go the other way to this area:)

Thanks Alan. It's a lovely area, quite varied and incredibly rich in photogenic material. Last time we stayed in Woolacombe, and the rock formations at the far end of the bay are quite fascinating, if you like that kind of thing.

I live in North Devon and you do take for granted where you live, these are a good reminder of what a lovely place it is thank you :)

Thanks Adam and Paul. You have my envy, living somewhere like that, even though where I live is also really pretty.

Haven't been up to Lynton/Lynmouth and the VotR for years! Thanks for the inspiration to get back up there.

Haven't been up to Lynton/Lynmouth and the VotR for years! Thanks for the inspiration to get back up there.

Take plenty of change for the parking machines. We had about an hour there because although we had more than enough money, none of it was in the coinage the machines would take. Very annoying. It's on my list to go back, with a bucket full of change. You have only to fly along the coast there to imagine exactly how the flood happened.

We parked for nothing on one of the streets in Lynton, but that was earlier this month, so probably not feasible in busier times. I keep getting offers from the hotel we stayed in at Barnstaple, but it's a long way to go for more pix in sunnier conditions, much as I'd love to.... Sunrise over VotR could be good.

Back