A little selection if intimate & sometimes abstract landscapes

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
This was taken in odd conditions experienced at the weekend when we were in Ashbourne, Peak District(ish). Sunny, windy, humid. My wife actually got a phone shot of me getting this image knelt down in knee high grass, with a 1yr old in a back pack on my back! Must have looked a right loon!! I used a very slow shutter speed and very small aperture to get the exposure right bearing in mind it was so windy and I wanted it to be abstract.

Painted By The Wind by Chris Shaw - chriscross, on Flickr

This next shot or shots are from very early on in lockdown, we found a nice local walk for our exercise, and it was really nice weather if you remember. I may have shared here before I cant remember but as it's on theme for the thread I thought I would share again for those that may have missed it/them

Back lit-3 by Chris Shaw - chriscross, on Flickr

You may kiss the bride_ by Chris Shaw - chriscross, on Flickr

This one is a shot I foolishly entered into the LPOTY comp in the your view section (obvs didn't get anywhere!). To be honest, I love this image, it's on my wall at home. may be OTT for some but I can look at it for ages, has a soothing effect on me for some reason....

Beautiful Mess by Chris Shaw - chriscross, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like the first image very much , not that there is anything wrong with the others , but the first does stand out for me .

Back