A little wander around Monsal Dale

Name
Duncan
Edit My Images
Yes
Didnt go as planned as I wanted to stick around long enough for sunset too, but I made use of the cloudy skies that settled in...really just heavy with haze. Its a mixed bag from the day, with me coming away with a couple I'm happy with.
Monsal Weir by DuncanTyson, on Flickr
A Splash Of Summer Colour by DuncanTyson, on Flickr
Misty Hills 04June by DuncanTyson, on Flickr
And finally a little different, but shot when the skies went grey and the dog needed a little more attention and a stick throwing for her.
ButterCups On Green and Yellow by DuncanTyson, on Flickr

First for the theatrical light
ans last for its simplicity!

Big fan of the first. Would maybe experiment with lightening the foreground a little or just crop it :) - makes sure the ledges and water get all the focus they deserve!

3 is lovely. As above, I think 1 would benefit from lightening the foreground a little, but not enough to distract from the water, which you've captured beautifully.

Lovely shots, number 2 for me, was it taken from the road opposite the Monsal Head Hotel?

Love the area, It's one of those areas I keep going back to...

Definitely 3 for me, love this area.

I really like No2 it has a nice feel about it... Much, Much better viewed on Flickr. No1 is nice quite moody a tad dark but i think that's half the appeal, i think if any light is thrown on the foreground it would need to be judicially applied.
No3 has a great weather front lurking in the distance, and its a lovely rural scene. I'm not sure if its my dodgy eyes but the foreground and the wall don't look quite as sharp as i expected. No4 as Kodiak says simple and very effective(y)

Number 1 and 4 for me. They look great. 4 looks like it's from film

The first is lovely if perhaps a little dark in the foreground.

Btw I can't see the image unless I follow the link to Flickr, I think something about the image posted in the thread may be broken?

Back