A little wasps nest from this morning

Unusual photo - definitely avoid!
Saw Chris Packham on the last Springwatch discussing Wasps and they filmed a Wasp taking wood from an old door to take back to help build the nest.

(and before someone says it, no the Wasp didn't have a saw!)

Unusual photo - definitely avoid!
Saw Chris Packham on the last Springwatch discussing Wasps and they filmed a Wasp taking wood from an old door to take back to help build the nest.

(and before someone says it, no the Wasp didn't have a saw!)

It had some sandpaper though :LOL::LOL::LOL:

they filmed a Wasp taking wood from an old door to take back to help build the nest

They do that on the top rail of my fence where the cats used to strop their claws and have roughened up the wood. Also on my bench before I gave it a makeover and sealed the surface. They're fascinating to watch. I used to park one of my vehicles next to an apple tree (not mine sadly) and around this time of year I'd be stepping carefully over all the wasps drunk on the windfall apples to get in and out. There's another tree down the lane I use for my early morning walk. I think there may be a nest in the hedge there. They don't take any notice of me at all, but I've never fancied hanging around long enough to look for the nest.

Back