A little wolfie

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
Weather has been a little bad last few days, Maybe this is why I found this little Wolf spider sheltered from the 100kph wind and driving rain this morning at work, I popped it into a container (I always have some)
I popped it onto my special reflective glass for this 1st shot, purely for the reflection shot :)
I will release it in the morning when I go out, I promise.
This 2nd shot is the same Psider but I used my 27.5 ex tube and the DCR250 for that......extra reach ;-) so I cant tell you what mag it is at, all I can say is that it didnt like having all that in its face.
Mirrored spider.JPG Mirrored spider 3.JPG
Thanks for looking, these and other shots are available to view on my flickr.

Last edited:
Lovely, or is that the wrong word

we ain't got any of those over here Graham or I'm sure my wife would have noticed:)

Lovely, or is that the wrong word

we ain't got any of those over here Graham or I'm sure my wife would have noticed:)
Hi Bill, Yes right word lol yes you got them and this is the spider that carries the babies on the back of them.
You need to look harder for them :p

Fabulous shot Graham. That closeup is stonking!
Hi Chris, cheers very much. [emoji106]
That's a very close-up close-up Graham. Very striking. It seems to look a little sad to me in the first one. Just my imagination of course.
Nick,
Wolfies always look sad but jumping spiders always seem to look very happy. Just a small crop on the very close up.
Everyone is entitled to a little imagination ;-)
Two fantastic shots Graham - I'm amazed it stayed still out of the container. Last time I tried a spider shot it just scooted off. Any tips?!
Thanks Emma, if you need to slow any insects down, put them in the fridge although I didn't with this one. Believe me, when this one ran, I was faster lol

Last edited:
Very nice Graham

Like these Graham. Just threatened the wife that I will bring some home:) her reply:bat:!!!! Very well done thanks for sharing:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Like these Graham. Just threatened the wife that I will bring some home:) her reply:bat:!!!! Very well done thanks for sharing:clap::clap::clap::clap:
Lol thanks Charlie, I take it you showed the wife these photos?

Excellent shots (y)

Back