A local loch

Tringa

Numpty of the Day'
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
After a few days of good, cold, clear and sunny weather it was a bit grey today.

However, it was cold enough to make walking across the bogs easier(except when I misjudged one and went in knee deep). Still can't complain when I'm able to walk in a T shirt on 1st December.

Meall Fruaraidh reflected in Loch a Mhuilinn
loch& by Dave Marley, on Flickr

Dave

Last edited:
Nice view Dave, personally I'm not sure the rocks on the BRHS add anything to the image other than a distraction. Would be interested to see the image without them.

Thanks for the comment, Neil.

My thought was they sort balanced out the hill and filled an otherwise empty space towards the lower half of the shot, but if I'd looked for a different angle then they might not have been needed.

Cheers

Dave

Good to think of you out and about in such a place. The Flickr link says that the image is private there, by the way, so the one here is all I can see.

From here the image looks a bit on the pale side, and there's a brittle 'cut-out' look to the skyline. But I'll talk about the composition, which isn't so dependent on the image version being seen. The foreground rocks are cool - the image would be more boring without them. And the asymmetry is good! But the image overall looks a bit indeterminate - various areas across the middle of the frame (half way up it) look confused about whether to be fuzzy or sharp.

Where are we here for focal length and aperture? 45mm @ f/5.6? Might there have been more choices? And of course the light's pretty flat, but that's a given.

Fair point about the 'cut-out' look. I think I might have overworked it trying to get a bit more out of it.

The appearance in the middle might be due to ice. The loch, clearly, wasn't completely frozen but there were lots piece of floating ice.

The focal length and aperture were 23mm@ f9.0

Thanks for the comments.

Dave

Last edited:
Back