A local set...

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Today conditions were just perfect for a wander locally. All images were taken probably within 15 miles from home in a 2 hour period this morning...all a bit different for me, but it's been a while since I've been out due to work, and finally got the conditions I wanted for the two Scots Pine images after waiting for what seems like forever...

Pedderhill by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Roadhead by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Roadhead pine by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Moor Road by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Fallen by Martin Steele, on Flickr

I like a good bit of mist and fog. The first picture is a bit empty for my taste but the monochrome one of the tree tunnel is excellent.

Number 1 looks very good, nice minimal scene. 2 the composition and fence isn't working for me - it's all a bit 2D and perhaps doesn't suit the very tall portrait orientation. 3 is nice as it has depth but the grass clumps are slightly cut off - it's not a major issue here but wonder if something could've been done about that. 4 the road isn't quite central which is a bit of a shame although still pretty. 5 is well done.

Good work! I like #3 closely followed by #2. They make a good pair.

btw, I'd be tempted to cheat with #3 ... clone out the distant trees leaving just the one in the picture.

I like a good bit of mist and fog. The first picture is a bit empty for my taste but the monochrome one of the tree tunnel is excellent.
It's 2 & 3 that do it for me, lovely! They're all good though :)
^^ I have to agree. 2 & 3 do it for me also.
Thanks guys :)

Number 1 looks very good, nice minimal scene. 2 the composition and fence isn't working for me - it's all a bit 2D and perhaps doesn't suit the very tall portrait orientation. 3 is nice as it has depth but the grass clumps are slightly cut off - it's not a major issue here but wonder if something could've been done about that. 4 the road isn't quite central which is a bit of a shame although still pretty. 5 is well done.
Thank you. Number 2 is the pick of the set for me personally. I did start to clone the fence out at first, but then the long grasses looked out of place.

Number 3, never noticed the clumps cut off (I assume you mean along the bottom?) I'll take another look at that as it has been slightly cropped, although I fear it was cropped like that for the better to tidy the bottom of the frame up as I was restricted for space, but will look.

The road can be centralised as again it was cropped, so something I missed when rushing to get them processed before work. Thanks for the feedback :)

Good work! I like #3 closely followed by #2. They make a good pair.

btw, I'd be tempted to cheat with #3 ... clone out the distant trees leaving just the one in the picture.
Thank you. As per my reply above about number 2, it had crossed my mind to clone them and the fence out (as I've already cloned out a rusty old knackered cow feeder) but decided against it for now, although it might be something to look into and do to see :)

Thank you. As per my reply above about number 2, it had crossed my mind to clone them and the fence out (as I've already cloned out a rusty old knackered cow feeder) but decided against it for now, although it might be something to look into and do to see :)
I like the fences and tufts of grass .... just thought it would look good with the distant trees gone. :)

It’s interesting number 2 is your favourite...shows how different our tastes can be. Personally I think it could be improved by cropping off a section of the bottom by a squarer crop - the clump of grass is pulling my eyes down and I think the balance would be improved by cropping it out

First shot is a bobby dazzler - love it.

The others are all fine and very nice pictures but not quite subjects that draw me in the way one does.
Cheers mate....as soon as I seen the light on the farm I had to ditch the car and shoot it :D

It’s interesting number 2 is your favourite...shows how different our tastes can be. Personally I think it could be improved by cropping off a section of the bottom by a squarer crop - the clump of grass is pulling my eyes down and I think the balance would be improved by cropping it out
That's a fair point about the clump of grass, it never bothered me but now you've said it, it's all I can see.

Back