Critique A local Stag

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out for a wander around a local nature reserve today and they have a resident stag that lives in with the horses in one of the adjacent fields. The light was pretty flat so no nice golden colours just muted winter tones.

6D + Sigma 70-200 2.8

Thanks for looking

Nick

Last edited:
Saw him today just lying in front of the shed behind Asda, those antlers haven't been right for a few years now. I think it was 2012 he last had a proper set before he shed them in April then after that they didn't grow back in properly and never have since, might be because he's always getting fed apples and carrots and anything else people throw at him.

And may I add that the colours look good bearing in mind that the surrounding area looks a bit drab at this time of the year and his coat varies when the light changes.....or when he's been rolling in the mud.

Last edited:
These photos are great, don't suppose this stag was at the Rising Sun behind Asda in Newcastle was it?

Yeah it is, he's been there for years now, lost his big antlers but still alive and kicking lol

Think I might go Friday to check him out, I live local but never been to the rising sun in years! Thanks!

He's in pretty good shape for this time of year, most stags are just casting or have just cast their antlers. Shame they're damaged.

Back