A Long Walk... (56k warning)

Name
Robyn
Edit My Images
No
Having bought new walking boots and developed the need to wear them in before we got on hols at Easter, we decided that as the weather was so lovely today we'd head out on a walk along the Flitch Way, which we discovered almost by accident last weekend. The shots below were some of those I found along the way.

1) The footpath is along a disused railway - this is the brickwork on one of the bridges which caught my eye.

9006-01Bricks.jpg

2)All Saints Church at Little Canfield

9015-01Allsaintschurch.jpg

3) Church door and window. The colours of the stone in the sunlight were beautiful.

9022-01Churchdoor.jpg

4) Not sure what you call this - it's not really a gargoyle!

9024-01Stonework.jpg

5) Having taken the one above I turned round to talk to Ben and saw this...

9026-01Cross.jpg

6) This little chappy was singing away happy as larry in the top of a tree. Only really posted as it's 100% crop from a shot with the 70-200mm f2.8 and reminded me AGAIN why I bought the thing!

9041-01Robin.jpg

7) One of the windows in the lobby of the church

churchwindowHDR.jpg

8) And finally the Church again, but from a distance. Again with the 70-200 :love:

9045-01AllSaintsChurch.jpg

All the others were with the Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 which basically stayed on the camera for most of the day. It's a long while since I've had a lens that has done that, and is exactly what I hoped it would do for me!

Thanks for looking - as ever, all comments welcomed. :)

I think they are all good stuff Witch ... (y) ... looks like you had a great day for it too ... ;)

You have captured a mini story on the church very well ... :D

Long time since I walked and took ... you have revived the urge ... :eek:

Where you off to at Easter ... :thinking:

:p

I think they are all good stuff Witch ... (y) ... looks like you had a great day for it too ... ;)

You have captured a mini story on the church very well ... :D

Long time since I walked and took ... you have revived the urge ... :eek:

Where you off to at Easter ... :thinking:

We're off back to the Hebrides again Ven - we can only manage two weeks a year up there at the moment and it's 50 weeks too few, frankly! We're now counting down the weeks/days until we go! So you see wearing in those boots is a bit essential....oh, and working on muscles that haven't seen as much activity as they might have over the past ten months or so! :LOL:

The church at Little Canfield is lovely - it's not an area we know that well although one of our fave pubs for a meal is at the other end of the village.....it was a lovely place to stumble across today though, especially with the weather smiling on us so much!

Not been to those Isles ... Jill keeps wanting to take me up there for the birding and pic opportunities ... ;)

We're off to Extremadura for Easter ... probably a little warmer and that suits me ... :D

Can't say I know much about the area at all but it sure looks beautiful enough ... (y) ... and it really is a lovely and varied series of shots ... ;)

Lovely set of shots Robyn. Is it just me, or does that gargoyle type thing look like Jerry Hall? :LOL:

Lovely set of shots Robyn. Is it just me, or does that gargoyle type thing look like Jerry Hall? :LOL:

ROFL - now I was wonder who it was it reminded me of! :LOL:

Well done Witch. All good shots. I'd be happy with them

Back