A macro safari in a different location

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
I went off to a local small nature reeserve in a disused limestone quarry for a macro safari. I was shoping to see dtagon flies and I did but I saw so much more some of which I could not get close enough to I need to return hopefully we will have some nice weather soon.

A hover fly on a flower

Hover on flower by Alf Branch, on Flickr

A hover fly on a leaf tasting its feet

Hover on leaf by Alf Branch, on Flickr

A moth

moth by Alf Branch, on Flickr

A dragony fly that was not easy to stalk but I managed

Dragon fly 1 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Dragon fly 2 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

A green shieldbug

Green shieldbug by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Green shieldbug 1 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Really like that 2nd shot of the HF, That Dragonfly is very nice also but all in all they are all very nice esp that last one.

Really like that 2nd shot of the HF, That Dragonfly is very nice also but all in all they are all very nice esp that last one.

Thanks Graham

That is a super set Alf. So much to like, particularly for me the hoverflies, dragonfly and butterflies - detail, colours and clarity so good in all of them. I hope you get the weather to go back there soon.
Thanks Nick

Really great set of images to peruse, the quarry sounds like it could be a gold mine in terms of species which might not be easy to find elsewhere. I did a shoot with a model at quarry a while back and saw some really unusual members of the wasp family going about their business and a range of other insects I'd not seen for years anywhere else, it's a bit of a trek but I managed it last time carrying a load of gear including location lighting strobes ect so should be no problem just carrying what I need for some macro work.

The bugs show some great detail from the angles you've chosen. The hovers and the butterflies are very pleasing to the eye.

Regards

Tim

Really great set of images to peruse, the quarry sounds like it could be a gold mine in terms of species which might not be easy to find elsewhere. I did a shoot with a model at quarry a while back and saw some really unusual members of the wasp family going about their business and a range of other insects I'd not seen for years anywhere else, it's a bit of a trek but I managed it last time carrying a load of gear including location lighting strobes ect so should be no problem just carrying what I need for some macro work.

The bugs show some great detail from the angles you've chosen. The hovers and the butterflies are very pleasing to the eye.

Regards

Tim
Thanks Tim
This quarry is right next to the road I also shoot on a one open cast mine site.

Lovely set, love the butterflies (y)

Back