A misty forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Karen
Edit My Images
No
Another of my favourite type of scenes I love to see and capture when I'm out in the Forest.

This one was on a cool, sunny, misty morning in December 2016 in Poundhill Inclosure, Brockenhurst... giving it a kind of spooky atmosphere.

14Dec16_poundhill-incl_001_IMG_1580.jpg

Darn it Robert, I knew I'd forgotten something :rolleyes: - Nikon D60 with 55-300mm telephoto lens.

Thank you for the lovely comment.

Darn it Robert, I knew I'd forgotten something :rolleyes: - Nikon D60 with 55-300mm telephoto lens.

Thank you for the lovely comment.

Sorry, i'm confused. you say you took the image with that camera here but ...

Well spotted dan cook. We sometimes meet up and take photos together and he has allowed me to use this particular image of his, giving me permission to alter the copyright. You're welcome to email him for confirmation if you so wish.

Here you are saying it's someone else's image.

It can't be both, or am I missing something? :cautious:

Well spotted dan cook. We sometimes meet up and take photos together and he has allowed me to use this particular image of his, giving me permission to alter the copyright. You're welcome to email him for confirmation if you so wish.
Hold fire guy's I'll contact him for clarification (y)

Strange artifact next to Laurie's watermark on the 'original' too

Thats very naughty Karen, claiming someones photo as your own, even if you have permission from the copyright owner to do so. Is the new forest pony photo someone else's too?

Last edited:
Okay, it does sound a bit confusing. We were in that part of the Forest at the same time, but not that particular spot. We met up later on and he showed me some of the shots he'd taken. The misty one I particularly liked, but as we walked back to that location later on the scene had changed.
I bought his Canon and Nikon cameras and lenses as he was getting new equipment, and he agreed to let me use a couple of his images.

^^ Oh dear, tin hat on. There's a difference between using someone's images and claiming copyright of them. I'd suggest you delete these asap.

OK guys, as you were, everything that Karen has said, regarding the image, change of copy write etc
Has been confirmed by Laurie, as correct.

OK guys, as you were, everything that Karen has said, regarding the image, change of copy write etc
Has been confirmed by Laurie, as correct.
Thank you for clarifying that Chris. However, my integrity has now been called into question by your members so I think I should now leave this Forum, as I feel very uncomfortable about this.

Thank you for clarifying that Chris. However, my integrity has now been called into question by your members so I think I should now leave this Forum, as I feel very uncomfortable about this.
Don't leave Karen.
Its water under the bridge now.

The problem is we get a few image theft posts over time. and its usually followed up with spam spam and more spam.
A lot of the guys here are professional photographers, and as such make a living from photography.
And are very protective of theirs and others images.

Part of the reply from Laurie said

Can you please advise your members that I fully support her and don’t wish her to be seen as a thief.

Regards,

Laurie.

Therefore the matter is closed :)

I think what I, and others, can't understand is why you would post an image claiming that you shot it, when in fact you didn't. The reason why your integrity is being called into question is through your actions.

It was wrong to call her out in the first place, there seems to be some photo police here now who have nothing better to do in life than upset people like this.

I think what I, and others, can't understand is why you would post an image claiming that you shot it, when in fact you didn't. The reason why your integrity is being called into question is through your actions.
If you read my wording carefully Steve, I don't actually say that I took the photo, only where and when it was taken and that it' s the type of scene I like. I was given permission to use that image as I wished, so if that's against your views then so be it.
Cobra has closed this matter now, being satisfied with the situation, but if you, and other members, are going to pursue then I will leave the Forum.

Last edited:
I think we are done now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back