A mixed bag from skye

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just returned from running 2 back to back workshops on Skye and thought I'd share a handful of images from the trips :)
We had a mix of bad and good weather (no surprises there) but managed to get out every day and luckily got some good conditions too :)

1) Sunrise in the back garden, Allt Dearg Mor looking towards the Red Hills. Our cottage is in the photo too :)

2) Elgol sunset. Some lovely soft light and an incoming tide made for some great conditions :)

3) Passing storm, Neist Point. After sitting out a half hour rainstorm we were rewarded with some nice soft light. As the rain moved away we captured it still falling across the sea.

4) Glamaig, from the Sound of Raasay. Taken whilst on a Sea Eagle boat trip frm Portree.

5) Elgol Waves. A large tide made it not sensible to venture round onto the rocks so we stayed on the pebble beach and shot with telephoto lenses :)

6) Fairy Pools, a fairly well done view as far as Skye goes but one that always goes down well groups :)

7) Loch Fada and the Storr, lovely reflections and some beautiful early morning light hitting the storr made for some fantastic shots.

8) Elgol Storm. With another huge tide we ventured back to Elgol once again, the big waves creating some nice foreground.

Thanks for looking :)

Nick

Last edited:
Love them all, was going to say, some are like many others I've seen, but no, you don't deserve that....stellar stuff !! [ backhanded praise ?? NO ]
BUT....Number 3 keeps bringing me back, and i see more each time...
Thanks, Schteve

3 & 4 are a real catch and i`d have loved to have taken them and be very proud of.

A lot of epicness there, I really can't pick one out, they all have equal merit. Superb work.

Stunning work
Thank you :giggle:
A beautiful set I really do like the passing storm
Yeah, 10 minutes before that shot we were huddled in a group getting absolutely soaked haha, well worth waiting it out :love:
number 5, the 'telephoto wave', is very different and very good. The way the wave just sits against the dark hillside beyond and balances Sgurr na Stri is great.
I really enjoyed getting something different from Elgol, the light was really nice too which helped loads.
Really like those, made me Skye-sick :)
Thanks :) I miss it already hopefully won't be too long before we can go back.
Fabulous set Nick, number 3 passing storm is definitely my favourite.
Thanks, definitely nice to get a shot like this at Neist Point :)
3 and 7 for me, but they're all lovely. I've only ever been there twice, as day trips from further north, but I'd love to go there and stay. This time of year, when there are no people there............
It's great going in low season, less people and the weather is usually fantastic for photos :)
Looks like a very successful trip
Thank you :)
Great set of shots.
Thanks, much appreciated :)
Very nice work Nick
Cheers :) :)
Love them all, was going to say, some are like many others I've seen, but no, you don't deserve that....stellar stuff !! [ backhanded praise ?? NO ]
BUT....Number 3 keeps bringing me back, and i see more each time...
Thanks, Schteve
Thanks mate, appreciate it :)
3 & 4 are a real catch and i`d have loved to have taken them and be very proud of.
Thank you, I really like #4. I've tried this shot a few times but never really had the light but it looked great this time so was glad to capture it :)
Some fabulous images there.
Thank you :) :)
A lot of epicness there, I really can't pick one out, they all have equal merit. Superb work.
Thanks, not sure about epic but I'm happy with my haul from the trip :)
Everyone a winner !
Thank you :)
Great set all round but #3 really has the wow factor.
Thanks very much, quite a lot of love for #3 it would seem :)
Excellent set!!
Thanks very much :)
Wow! I inspiring stuff!

Number 3 is a stand out though, for me!
Thank you :) much appreciated
The light is No3 is just wonderful …...a beautiful capture :clap:
Thanks :) We were glad to get some light after the soaking we took waiting haha
That's insanely good.
Thank you :) Not that often you get the reflections and light combined like that so it was nice to see :)

Back