A Mixture of Critters.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
This fly must want a good scratch under it's leg....

This is a butterfly or moth cocoon - one to keep an eye on in the hope I see something emerge...

This first beetle is tiny - and I mean tiny. Less than 2mm, may have been just 1mm long not counting the antenna...

But this ground beetle was actually injured - it's possible I stood on it when I was looking around the garden, or maybe a bird had it instead, but it's back end was leaking some innards a bit...

Finally, this was as close as I could get with the camera, the whole cranefly was encapsulated inside the inner edge of the ringflash and diffuser!

Paul.

"Excellent" set of images Paul, that's it.(y)

George.

Wonderful stuff Paul
I love the crane fly.

I think I dreamt replied to this.... #1/2 and last are great the shinner bugs the lighting is a little too harsh.

but when the new lighting system comes you'll be well sorted ;)

I think I dreamt replied to this.... #1/2 and last are great the shinner bugs the lighting is a little too harsh.

but when the new lighting system comes you'll be well sorted ;)

Cheers bud. UKD expect a delivery Friday or Monday and will call me when in stock :)

Paul

been looking at your shots for a while now and they are all really good but some of your mates are real ugly:naughty:

been looking at your shots for a while now and they are all really good but some of your mates are real ugly:naughty:

Better hope I don't add a self portrait then or you really will have something to freak out about & call ugly, lol.. :)

Paul.

Yes all great shots but the fly stands out excellent
I think the crysalis, pupa is a butterfly not sure which one tho

Thanks Pete - a suggestion made is it might be one of the whites.

Paul.

Back