A morning in the studio

Name
Terry
Edit My Images
Yes
Lovely set but I am more interested in the insect lol, I am not too sure it is a Aphid, it`s more like a bug but the name eludes me for the moment.

Beautiful images, well done. Something else to try :) that will please the wife. I suspect the insect is a type of shield bug at one of the mid instar stages of development.

Thanks both. I should have said "bug" as that encompasses a lot of them and would stop me looking a fool.
I've only got 100cm soft boxes but they seem to be very adaptable.
I've had 4 different cameras in a year and my studio work has helped me enormously. Plus it's proved it's all about the light, not the equipment.
Too many threads on here belittling cameras. Most bodies nowadays are more than adequate for most genres.

Plus it's proved it's all about the light, not the equipment.
Too many threads on here belittling cameras. Most bodies nowadays are more than adequate for most genres.

Absolutely agree, I only moved to my current body because I need really high ISO which doesn't screw the images when photographing models in low natural light working handheld.

The not an aphid it looks nothing like one (thats easy for me to say) is a nice shot they are all well shot.

Aphids llok like this https://flic.kr/p/JuUoEo

I suspect the insect is a type of shield bug at one of the mid instar stages of development.

Thats a plant or capsid bug something like a tuponia brevirostris not a shield bug

Last edited:
It's nice to see some flowers. I think those worked well.

Plus it's proved it's all about the light, not the equipment. Too many threads on here belittling cameras.

I agree that light is very important, and that you can get good results with all sorts of kit, but I don't recall seeing much on this particular forum belittling any particular cameras or types of cameras. On other forums on the site perhaps?

Back