A Narrow Escape!

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
There I was photographing the Avocets when I noticed movement out of the corner of my eye ... not properly prepared and it was all over in seconds.

View attachment 32423

View attachment 32424

View attachment 32425

Mr Fox got away with just a few feathers!

Edit: Got published in Daily Mail, Daily Mirror, The Telegraph & The Times :D

Last edited:
Wonderful, (wondrous!) shots gramps

too many of those bloody "Canadians" around

Last edited:
Wowsers!!!!! What a superb sequence ~ IMO a great capture of nature (almost ;) ) red in tooth & claw :)

I take my hat off to you.

Wowsers!!!!! What a superb sequence ~ IMO a great capture of nature (almost ;) ) red in tooth & claw :)

I take my hat off to you.

I was pleased to get them ... especially as I later messed up both a Marsh Harrier and a Kestrel opportunity :banghead:

I was pleased to get them ... especially as I later messed up both a Marsh Harrier and a Kestrel opportunity :banghead:

Ooooh! sounds like quite a range of species in that locale....do please say where you were, if you would? :)

The Avocet "squadron" is very nice especially nice it is the top view:)

Love them roger , right place right time, you reacted very well to get those shots well done

That's a really good sequence with the fox and goose, I paticularly like the last one and the expression on the goose's face...

Fantastic set. Quick reactions no doubt!

Fantastic sight it must have been, probably a once in a lifetime experience. Nature is so interesting.

I was surprised how close he got but well pleased I chose that location at that time :)

Nicely done Gramps (y)

Great sequence. I wouldnt have thought you would see a fox at slimbridge with the fox proof barriers

Stan

Great sequence. I wouldnt have thought you would see a fox at slimbridge with the fox proof barriers

Stan

The barriers help protect the inner 'public' areas of the site but this is out on land leading onto the estuary, so it is open land and has adjoining farmland on both sides ... to one side is where the Cranes have been nesting and where the two Crane chicks were taken last year.

Superb! I'd send the 3 of them into the times or telegraph, they love that sort of thing [emoji2]

Love the sequence Roger- not something you see every day- was this shot with the Tamron??

Les

Fantastic series, Gramps! All great, but I particularly like the last one.

Excellent behavioural capture, you did a great job, easy to miss such action in the heat of the moment.
Thanks for sharing these, top job.
cheers

Back