a new body

Name
Geof
Edit My Images
Yes
F11 by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

FROM THE "NEW" G5/24-45 ZOOM

i have put the G1 on ebay...the body got quite sticky and in stead of trying to do something with it, i bought a G5...a long ways from the proposed oympus om d e m10 ii which i pined for for a bit...however not wanting to spend out too much on lens upgrading...i suppose i havent lost out except except for body electronic sophistication....the G5 in itself is making me read avidly the manual to just get some simple settings in place...but i am making progress..
i have noticed of course the greater range of iso's and speeds and the handy touch screen menu's

a journey of a 1000 miles...etc...;)

cheers
geof

Very pretty and detailed blossoms.
Not keen on the vignette.

Very pretty and detailed blossoms.
Not keen on the vignette.

@viv1969
i agree...after a while i think...quite naff...waste of good pixels and who am i trying to cater for...
it should be...think clearly...use the whole frame crop what is not relevant...and dont try to be cute
thanks..no more through the looking glass for me
cheers
geof

Agree with Ruth, but suspect the edges may not be pleasing behind the vignette. Otherwise nice image.

thanks Toni
my old G1 body soft finish went tacky and sticky..so its on ebay going through its travail to get bought..so far i got a sale of £20 but the buyer hasnt paid..i left it for the second highest bidder on a buy it now...£19...no reply
will have to relist it...
the G5 is a long way from the olympus om d e mkII i yearned for but streaks ahead of the G1...:)
and cost less
the G5 is like stepping into a new world with its greater iso and shutter range...unfortunately my LR3 wont handle its RAW files...and LR4 which will wont on my Xp pro software...its old but friendly
so..with my kit 12-45 zoom i will be soldiering on doing what i did before...
do you know lumix G1 was superseded by the G2,G3 and then the G5 and on and on...apparently 4 is a unlucky number in the heads of the occidentals...
most golfers are quite happy to shout it on the courses of the world...
good to touch base again
cheers
geof

Back