A nice morning at the Kelpies

The first one is my pick Steve (y)

I find that when it comes to selling pictures of these - the night/dusk or dawn ones sell nicely and make a nice sum - no-one likes the naturally lit ones so much. For me it is the last but that's not the one that'll make money.

Now mine is the middle one. I like the complimentary colours and tone and the nobility of the horse. (y)

Very nice set.
even though these are large items, they are hard to photograph given the amount of distracting items areound.
Very hard if you want the full view.

I tend to go for a more portrait style to declutter.

I'm thinking of adding this location to my workshop lists for 2022. It would be an amazing place to take clients

Very hard if you want the full view.

I tend to go for a more portrait style to declutter.

I'm thinking of adding this location to my workshop lists for 2022. It would be an amazing place to take clients

I agree about taking clients - there are a lot of opportunities within and around the site. Also only 20 mins drive from the Falkirk Wheel

Great set, I like the last one most, you almost think the one on the left is looking at you. I get the coloured light thing though selling better but I prefer the comp on the last one.
The last one is the classic take, and indeed the best composition to take if you come. It's an easy shot to take but a few considerations are needed - separation of the heads, enough space above and below, and to avoid the pylon wires. I've found about 50mm on a full format camera, 65mm on 44x33 medium format works well

Back