A novel way to get to work

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
The quickest, but possibly not the safest way to cross the river? They rock and sway and your feet are often literaly inches from the water. Great fun though and better than being stuck in a traffic jam.

Abra
by Alex, on Flickr

Looks a bit EEK :D lol

Agree though beats sitting in hot traffic

Coming up for air is mighty wise lol....I have to say the more I see them they look fun, how long is the journey on these?

Coming up for air is mighty wise lol....I have to say the more I see them they look fun, how long is the journey on these?

They are great fun, as long as you don't mind being very close to the water. It takes about 10 minutes to cross from one side to the other but the fun bit is the getting in and out of the small docks they use. The guys who drive them seem quite happy to bang into the small jetties as well as each other with no consideration for the fact there is nothing holding their passengers ono board.

They are great fun, as long as you don't mind being very close to the water. It takes about 10 minutes to cross from one side to the other but the fun bit is the getting in and out of the small docks they use. The guys who drive them seem quite happy to bang into the small jetties as well as each other with no consideration for the fact there is nothing holding their passengers ono board.

Eek again! :D I'd want to tie myself in lol

Damn that's cheaper than cheap!... I'd happily fall in at that price :)

You can have one all to yourself for an hour but you're looking at roughly 20 pound for the privilege. You can ride all day for less than that as long as you don't mind sharing with everyone else.

You can have one all to yourself for an hour but you're looking at roughly 20 pound for the privilege. You can ride all day for less than that as long as you don't mind sharing with everyone else.

Christ it costs me more than £20 from my village to town in a taxi (about 10 miles) so an hour on the water for that still is good.

Back