a pike of my dreams

Awesome fish mate !

good pics as well

used to do a lot of pike fishing myself and fully appreciate what catching this must mean to you

very well done

Thats a big fish! I wouldnt go swimming there. Well done.

Well done, very nice fish and it looks to be in perfect condition.

The only time I've seen Pike like that before is whilst fishing the Norfolk Broads for them!:clap:
There's some Monsters in there but they take some finding,I've spent weeks living on a boat searching for them!:bonk:

Good grief ! It's massive. I had no idea they were so large.I hear they can take ducks down under (and of course ducklings and cygnets). I can believe it now. I expect the lake population will increase now.

Good grief ! It's massive. I had no idea they were so large.I hear they can take ducks down under (and of course ducklings and cygnets). I can believe it now. I expect the lake population will increase now.

Fish like that get put back not killed!:nono:

awsome fish, i've been a piker for 20 years and only managed a 23.5 as my pb but one day the magical 30 will turn up (or so i keep telling myself lol)

make sure you keep the location to yourself, many years ago while we were piking my dad caught a brown trout of 17lb 7oz. the following week we turned up very early and the place was packed and was the same for the following weeks. the thing that made me smile was that trout must have eluded capture for years and as soon and people hear about a known big pike water turning up a huge trout they want a go.
and yes the trout also went back.

Nice Fish! Tried Piking on and off for thirty years, 10lb 7oz my best, must try harder!!!!

thanks for the kind comments lads love the pic of the granny alan what weight was that.
has for my fish she went back alive and swam away strongly big pike control there own numbers without them there would be a population explosion of loads of small ones they also feed on any deceased or stunted fish its just nature finding a balance kill the big ones and you upset that balance.
regarding taking water birds ive heard of this but never witnessed it in forty years of angling perhaps they take the odd ocassional coot or moorhen but im sure its quite rare.

Great fish - never had anything bigger than about 12lb.
What did you get it on? Deadbait? Livebait? Looks properly wintered and fat. The kind of fish I used to read about Barry Rickards catching and just looking at in awe. A big pike like that, as you say, is top of the tree when it comes to predation.

Get it sent in to Total Coarse Fishing and with the effort and persistence you've put in, it could be worth a prize, TCF's deputy, Steve martin, is a sucker for a big Esox :)

it was caught from my syndicate lake in yorkshire dean .not open to day tickets and i dont know if i should give it away on a open forum if you wish i could pm you the details im sure you understand that sometimes its better not to reveal to much pike thrive on neglect and dont stand up to heavy angling pressure.

Cracking big fat hen Clive, well done! Can't even being to explain how jealous I am - literally just in the door from a days piking - blank. In fact my last THIRTEEN days out have yielded nothing! :eek:

I'd have put her in the thirties too before I read the weight...

Congratulations, you must be over the moon!

Lovely looking fish. I used to do a lot of pike fishing. Driving up to Lommond, and Loch Awe 650 miles round trips 10 or 15 times a year, Lough Allen and many other irish waters, and yet my pb's are 2 mid 20's ( different fish) on the river Trent 5 miles from home.

Lovely looking fish. I used to do a lot of pike fishing. Driving up to Lommond, and Loch Awe 650 miles round trips 10 or 15 times a year, Lough Allen and many other irish waters, and yet my pb's are 2 mid 20's ( different fish) on the river Trent 5 miles from home.

its weird tony sometimes you drive past waters and travel long distances for your fishing when local waters can come up with the goods a local pond of about 3 acres produced a pike of 29lbs a couple of years a go literaly 2 mins up the road from where i live.
you just need to keep plugging away and with a bit of luck the big ones will come its just getting harder to find waters that havent been hammered i have been on the trent this year and had them up to 17lbs but there are some big ones to be had a mate caught a 28lb fish near farndon a couple of years a go.

Lovely looking fish Clive and there is plenty to go yet, soon touch 30.

I used to do a bit of Piking when I was young but soon discovered Tench, Carp & Barbel.

Nice photos as well.

Excellent catch(y)(y). It's 10+ heavier than my biggest.

Back