A quick green shot

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
:woot: Yesterday I saw this fella on my grass out the back but of course he had scarpered before I had chance to grab the camera. However this morning, a loud 'chack' noise alerted me to an unusual visitor, and I managed to grab these shots with my old 70-300 stuck through the gap in the window between opener and frame - he was in my neighbours garden. Handheld, 1/125 @ f8, ISO200, 300mm and cropped so apologies for slightly oof of one of them. Looking forward to capturing this guy [gal??] with new lens when it arrives (y)

meet my new green woodpecker

woodie1.jpg

woodie2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice capture, I like the second.
Its a female, you can tell by the cheek marking, the male has a red moustache.

Thanks
Steve;)

Well caught (y)

Two nice captures.(y) I was going to say well spotted, but as we're talking about woodpeckers it would perhaps have confused things.;)

:agree: two good captures.
Here's hoping you get many return visits

:clap: Congrats on your new visitor and shots to prove it :D I will be keeping watch for some really goodies!

You might have known I'd get dragged in by the title you little minx ... :D

Thankyou guys - my aim is to get a green woodie with feet :naughty::LOL:

You'll be very lucky LL ... :cautious: ... only ever seen on grass far too long to show their feet ... :D ... male or female ... :naughty:

Great captures imhgo and probably some of the best Greenies shown on here ... ;)

:p

:LOL: well it did occur to me that if no one else looked I could at least rely on Ven to peep in :D

Thankyou for quite flattering comments. I actually think I have a good chance of getting feet as long as camera is already set up at the window....you see, what happens everytime you see something like this? Yep, it flies off.... so if camera is ready....I reckon i might get a sharp in focus shot of green woodie feet in say..ooohhh....the next year maybe... :nuts::LOL:

I hope she comes back lots, I was starting to think these came "sans pieds" I look forward to proof otherwise :LOL:

Back