A rare treat (for me) of the girls together - MORE PICS ADDED

Name
Shaheed
Edit My Images
No
Been Glamping over the BH weekend and managed the odd pic......a rare one of the two girls together!!

Treehouse Girls Glamping by Shaheed Rahman, on Flickr

did a mono conversion but I think I prefer the colour! Nice to see them being sisterly!!

Treehouse Girls Glamping Mono by Shaheed Rahman, on Flickr

Jessica River by Shaheed Rahman, on Flickr

Sophia Trees by Shaheed Rahman, on Flickr

A tricky one to balance, not totally happy with it to be fair, but they're together and happy!!

Girls Glamping_ by Shaheed Rahman, on Flickr

Ta

Shaheed

Last edited:
As a father of two girls I can appreciate the work involved in getting them to stand together for any more than a few minutes :)

As a father of two girls I can appreciate the work involved in getting them to stand together for any more than a few minutes :)

They were surprisingly compliant! I now know that I only have a few seconds once they agree so I try not to waste it! I really can't decide between the mono/colour as I keep changing my mind. Colour I think though!

Thanks for looking

S

Excellent shooting and lovely scenes too... :D

Thank you.

As ever I took a silly amount of camera stuff as I packed whilst on nights and I couldn't make a sensible decision!

The sigma 35 f1.4 art is phenomenal. It was a focal length I was a bit meh about before I got it but as a general all purpose lens it's fab!

A few others added - the secret bed pics are a mixture of ambient and bounced on camera flash (I'll try to find a pullback)

Sophia Secret Bed by Shaheed Rahman, on Flickr

Jessica Secret Bed by Shaheed Rahman, on Flickr

pullback

Sophia Secret Bed pullback by Shaheed Rahman, on Flickr

Great trip to the borders, got to have lunch at the Angel of the North. Wanted to do more night shooting but was enjoying family time more!!

Night Sky above the tent! by Shaheed Rahman, on Flickr

Dark Angel by Shaheed Rahman, on Flickr

I'll stick to people shots methinks!!

Shaheed

Great pics of the girls with big personalities im sure. Love the night shot.

Lovely work as usual Shaheed, nothing i can really add to whats been said above except to echo it.
Colour all the way for the portrait shots of the girls, I am more drawn to #5 for the shot of your girls together, I particularly like how the trees either side frame your little models.

They certainly rock those wellies, what a great look :D

Night time shot works really well.
Apologies for no critique to add, the whole set just works, there's nothing I could suggest to change.

All of them are great Shaheed. The first one is a beaut!!

Cheers Big D

That's the one we may print when we get round to decorating. Although I'll dial down the green in the white balance a bit.

The sigma 35 art was brilliant. Performed great and made me more confident to travel lighter next time. Didn't use the 28-75 f2.8 once.

Cheers

S

Great pics. I can really see the girls characters.

Cheers

I try to get an expression of some kind from most of the subjects I shoot, the girls were on good form and it was easier than usual.

The technical aspects of the first few shots aren't rocket science but.......getting the two of them to look halfway decent together - that's a different story!

S

Great pics of the girls with big personalities im sure. Love the night shot.

Cheers.

They do have big personalities but in different ways!

Both night shots can be improved on and hopefully will be better next time!

Thanks for looking/commenting

Shaheed

Lovely work as usual Shaheed, nothing i can really add to whats been said above except to echo it.
Colour all the way for the portrait shots of the girls, I am more drawn to #5 for the shot of your girls together, I particularly like how the trees either side frame your little models.

They certainly rock those wellies, what a great look :D

Night time shot works really well.
Apologies for no critique to add, the whole set just works, there's nothing I could suggest to change.

Cheers Iain

I agree about the colour and also the tree framing. It was slightly tricky as the tree arch was shaded but heavily backlit. The compromise between optimum conditions - flash/reflector - and just getting on with it so as not to miss the kids' moment of happy compliance led to a less than perfect result. Still like it though.

The wellies were thoroughly used. They do rock the wellies look - we are very lucky to have grandparents who spoil the kids with wellies. Although they've lasted longer that the supermarket ones we had previously.

Night shots not perfect, so room to improve but relatively happy with them!

Cheers again

S

All good Shaheed (I have come to expect no less - damn you!! :p) lovely to see S & J in the photos together. Getting my two together and not being totally mental in front of the lens is proving a real challenge the days ( Eldest is now becoming more camera shy/self conscious)

I reckon the two secret bed shots would also look lovely as square crops side by side.

Hope you had a great break - is the tree house the one at Alnwick Castle? Looks familiar!

All good Shaheed (I have come to expect no less - damn you!! :p) lovely to see S & J in the photos together. Getting my two together and not being totally mental in front of the lens is proving a real challenge the days ( Eldest is now becoming more camera shy/self conscious)

I reckon the two secret bed shots would also look lovely as square crops side by side.

Hope you had a great break - is the tree house the one at Alnwick Castle? Looks familiar!

Cheers Adrian

Getting the two of them together is difficult and I think the recent building works which led me to simplify my approach has helped. I spend little time taking the pics so it's not such a big deal for them and they don't get bored. These pics were interspersed with them playing so they were in a happy place!

The break was amazing! It was at Chester's country retreat in Jedburgh.

If it's any consolation, my non people shots were very ropey!! I had my filters with me but quickly discovered that decent landscapes take a reasonable amount of thought!! Night photography I had one go at but if was a bit cloudy.

I may have a look at the square crops when we print out some pics.

Jessica is becoming a lot more confident in front of the camera. I don't pose them at all other than to maybe move them towards/away from light. They also want to see the results in the back of the camera which also helps pique their interest.

S

Cute, thanks for sharing, great work getting them to pose for these wonderful shots!

Lovely photos, not just execution wise, but because they are so natural. The girls did as good a job as you :), so well done all.
I prefer the b+w number 1. It has a modern look, the kind of thing you would see in a white frame in a show home/catalogue etc.
Love the night shot. I must get around to trying some night stuff. Nice work Sir.

Lovely photos, not just execution wise, but because they are so natural. The girls did as good a job as you :), so well done all.
I prefer the b+w number 1. It has a modern look, the kind of thing you would see in a white frame in a show home/catalogue etc.
Love the night shot. I must get around to trying some night stuff. Nice work Sir.

Cheers!

I try to put them at ease, keep it brief and involve them in the process. All makes for a more relaxed subject!

I like the mono too, not sure which one we will print for the house!

The night shot was fun but a bit cloudy. Used a torch on the foreground to light up the tent and surroundings!

Thanks for looking

S

Back