A recent engagement shot....More added...

Lovely image, love the connection between the couple a real look of love, I wouldn't mind seeing a few more from the shoot.
Fantastic job

Mickey

Nice image. Slightly too much oof tree for my personal taste though so I'd crop in a touch.

I agree, but I'd crop it a lot....into portrait so you can see the great expressions you've caught. I'd also clone out whatever is in the road in the background, at waist height behind the lady. It looks like a tipped up shopping trolley.

Something like this...

NOT MY PHOTO_700_9347 by Ian Bradshaw, on Flickr

I totally get where Vishal is coming from as I do compositions like this for Weddings too. You create 'strips' of varying OoF areas, here he has basically split the image into 3rds

Its a great shot with lovely connection, but remove the branch at their feet next time!

Oh and why this sort of composition for Weddings you may ask? Well, its simply that it makes for a great double-page spread in an album and several such images mean they need a BIGGER album than Morbid's crop; but you can still do as Morbid did and create a tighter portrait crop too if needed. Its a very flexible way of working and giving both you & the client more options :)

Dave

Thanks for the kind words......I like both the original and cropped versions :) ;)

Well said Dave, I always shoot with albums in mind, even though this couple didn't want one.....It's just my shooting style now :)

Good points about the object in the background and tree branch......

I'll post a couple more once I get the chance :)

I like the processing, generally, but have to say there are a few distractions in the compositions.
In the last one, the orange door or gate or whatever it is.
In the second one, I can't get past the way her hair looks like a beard. She has beautiful hair, but I just think it needed to be arranged a bit further from her face maybe?

Like them all. As said above could do with some stuff removing and wouldnt be a difficult job to do as I am sure you are aware.
Well done, thanks for sharing.

Gaz

I like the processing, generally, but have to say there are a few distractions in the compositions.
In the last one, the orange door or gate or whatever it is.
In the second one, I can't get past the way her hair looks like a beard. She has beautiful hair, but I just think it needed to be arranged a bit further from her face maybe?

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment :)

I agree about the orange as being a distraction.....I need to look at the picture more as a whole in the future! :)

Like them all. As said above could do with some stuff removing and wouldnt be a difficult job to do as I am sure you are aware.
Well done, thanks for sharing.

Gaz

Thanks Gaz :)

Back