A rest from the ballet

I like this shot a lot, but two things stand out for me (being pedantic) one I would have turned her face towards the light to even up the lighting on her face, two it's called a rest from the ballet, I like the pose but she looks quite tense rather than relaxed. That said I like the composition, the processing & styling a lot and it's just personal observations!

Wouldnt change a thing. Really like the soft graduated shadows and muted tones. Lovely soft contrasty feel too.

Gaz

I like this shot a lot, but two things stand out for me (being pedantic) one I would have turned her face towards the light to even up the lighting on her face, two it's called a rest from the ballet, I like the pose but she looks quite tense rather than relaxed. That said I like the composition, the processing & styling a lot and it's just personal observations!

I completely agree; it's nearly lovely - the styling, lighting and processing are great but the pose and viewpoint don't work for me.
She's pointing her toes and her arms & neck are rigid, and the angle you've shot her from has foreshortened her legs. The result is that she doesn't actually have the elegance of a real ballet dancer in this image. I think that she either needs to do a full on dancer's pose - pointed feet, ballet arm & hands, extended - but relaxed - spine & neck, or something much more relaxed.

Back