A return to the Rhinogydd

Edit My Images
No
Today, after a couple of months away I returned to the heather clad wilderness of the Rhinogydd and how wonderful it was to be back again in my favourite mountain range.

I didn't hold out much hope of capturing anything decent ( and I didn't as it was quite hazy) but that wasn't why I was there! After climbing Rhinog Fawr I went to look for a perched boulder I had chanced upon almost a year ago to the day...eventually I found it and whiled away two beautiful hours taking in this fantastic view of Carreg y Saeth, Clip, Gloywlyn and the mountains of 'home' in the hazy distance.

The sheer wildness of this area and the eerie, primeval feeling it engenders in me is like nowhere else I have ever been, keeping me fascinated and always looking forward to my next visit.

I will be returning to this very spot until I nail this image!

Thanks for looking :)

Gloywlyn - Rhinogydd by Nick Livesey Mountain Images, on Flickr

Last edited:
What a stunning place to be, and fantastic shot. I'm wondering what it would look like a couple of steps back to get the whole Boulder in, just for a different look?

Beautiful image.
What a gorgeous place to be.

Good take on a cracking landscape.

Nicely written too (y)

Lovely mate, we went out there for our Goats chapter in the book - hell of a landscape!!

Back