a rough ride

Is that on the Dee, Jeff?

GC

Hi Jeff,

I have a nearly lifelong interest in ships and the sea, it started when I was about 10 I think, led me to an apprenticeship as an electrician at Falmouth Docks and spending nine years at sea as an Electrical Officer back in the 1970's. I hope this will be of interest.

The Mary M isn't a dredger, although I can see why you thought that from her general shape, she isn't big enough. She is what's called a MRV (Multi Role Vessel) and is used for general harbour work such as laying buoys, lifting items on and off other vessels etc., using the crane on her foredeck.

This is the information I got from her owner's, GSS Marine Services, website.

Mary M - Multi-Role Vessel MRV15

Since her launch in May 1999 Mary M has provided a reliable platform for a variety of arduous tasks. Her unique format is based on the tried and trusted Multi Cat model with adaptations to make her
one of the most capable 15m Multi Role vessels. Her design allows her to carry out tasks not normally attempted by vessels of her size.

Hi Jeff,

I have a nearly lifelong interest in ships and the sea, it started when I was about 10 I think, led me to an apprenticeship as an electrician at Falmouth Docks and spending nine years at sea as an Electrical Officer back in the 1970's. I hope this will be of interest.

The Mary M isn't a dredger, although I can see why you thought that from her general shape, she isn't big enough. She is what's called a MRV (Multi Role Vessel) and is used for general harbour work such as laying buoys, lifting items on and off other vessels etc., using the crane on her foredeck.

This is the information I got from her owner's, GSS Marine Services, website.

Mary M - Multi-Role Vessel MRV15

Since her launch in May 1999 Mary M has provided a reliable platform for a variety of arduous tasks. Her unique format is based on the tried and trusted Multi Cat model with adaptations to make her
one of the most capable 15m Multi Role vessels. Her design allows her to carry out tasks not normally attempted by vessels of her size.

good call

i did my apprentice ship as a marine engineer in shipbuilding and repairs...scotland
would be interested what engine that mrv has??
cheers
geof
ps never went to sea...i went into civil engineering designing steelwork and r.c.

Back